    clicks "tcp/ip protocol" from the list of my LAN connection?
    if the idea is not good one, do you have other better ideas?
    thanks!
    flyingco, Nov 3, 2006

  2. flyingco

    Gordon May Guest

    flyingco wrote:
    > How can i prevent the user from changing the ip adrress of the
    > windows system on win2k and winxp by coding?
    >
    > I have an idea that i want to disable "property" button for
    > prohibiting ip from changing when the user
    > clicks "tcp/ip protocol" from the list of my LAN connection.
    > But how can disable "property" button when the user
    > clicks "tcp/ip protocol" from the list of my LAN connection?
    > if the idea is not good one, do you have other better ideas?
    > thanks!

    ------------------------------
    Not a good idea, because the user might have enough knwledge to get around
    that by using DOS commands or a third party software.

    If the user accesses YOUR LAN through YOUR router, than you can set
    permissions for IP addresses and ports in the "Filter" section.
    You may also find a possibility to tie his Mac Address to your router
    permissions.

    You need to consult your router manual for instructions.

    Good luck
    GM
    Gordon May, Nov 3, 2006