    If I can get 2 to work, I may even try 3 at the same time. That way I
    can rent more movies.
    , Sep 16, 2005

  2. Impmon Guest

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:08:37 -0500,
    wrote:

    >I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
    >watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
    >just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
    >big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
    >I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
    >easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
    >how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

    There is a device that let you squeeze up to 4 images onto the same TV
    and is commonly used for security camera. But they don't come cheap!
    It is cheaper to grab a second TV to go with your second player.

    Here's a better money savings idea: don't rent the DVD unless you have
    time and then rent only 1 at a time.
    Impmon, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Nonymous Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
    > watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
    > just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
    > big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
    > I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
    > easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
    > how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

    A *real* executive would just buy a second TV and not think twice about it.
    Nonymous, Sep 16, 2005
  4. Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    Impmon <> wrote:

    > There is a device that let you squeeze up to 4 images onto the same TV
    > and is commonly used for security camera. But they don't come cheap!
    > It is cheaper to grab a second TV to go with your second player.
    >
    > Here's a better money savings idea: don't rent the DVD unless you have
    > time and then rent only 1 at a time.

    *cough* Stop falling for the troll bait Impmon.
    Black Locust, Sep 16, 2005
  5. AZ Nomad Guest

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:08:37 -0500, <> wrote:

    >I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
    >watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
    >just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
    >big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
    >I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
    >easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
    >how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

    >If I can get 2 to work, I may even try 3 at the same time. That way I
    >can rent more movies.

    New fangled device: it's called a computer. You can lay the windows any way
    you want.
    AZ Nomad, Sep 16, 2005
  6. Guest

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 01:54:09 -0400, Impmon <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:08:37 -0500,
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
    >>watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
    >>just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
    >>big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
    >>I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
    >>easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
    >>how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

    >There is a device that let you squeeze up to 4 images onto the same TV
    >and is commonly used for security camera. But they don't come cheap!
    >It is cheaper to grab a second TV to go with your second player.

    Where can I get this device? I dont care about the price.

    There is no room for two big screen tvs in my home theater, and I
    refuse to watch any tv with a screen smaller than 5 feet (mine is
    about 8 feet). I have already moved 3 times to get a bigger space for
    my theater.

    >Here's a better money savings idea: don't rent the DVD unless you have
    >time and then rent only 1 at a time.

    I will miss too many great movies that way. Life is too short to only
    watch one movie at a time. I want to see them all, which goes along
    with my lifestyle, because I want everything life has to offer and
    will not settle for anything less. I always multitask life. While I
    watch movies I am on my exercise machine working out, and eating
    dinner at the same time. Most people waste far too much time in their
    lives doing one thing at a time.

    And for the record, I do have two of those (much too small) tv's in my
    car and often watch 2 movies at once while driving to and from work,
    in between the cell phone calls.
    , Sep 16, 2005
  7. kaboom Guest

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:25:11 -0400, "Nonymous" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >>I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
    >> watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
    >> just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
    >> big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
    >> I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
    >> easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
    >> how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

    >A *real* executive would just buy a second TV and not think twice about it.

    Or - A *real* executive would hire someone else to watch the other
    films.

    kaboomie
    kaboom, Sep 16, 2005
  8. Jordan Guest

    I actually do this.

    Connect DVD player #1 to input #1 on the television. Run the audio
    cable out to a surround sound system.
    Connect DVD player #2 to input #2 on the television. Run the audio
    cable to the television itself.

    Now just using the Picture in Picture mode on the TV you can have both
    pictures side by side. The sound from one will come from the surround
    system, the sound from the other will come form the the TV itself.

    The key is using the surround sound system for one audio. The PIP sets
    I've seen only play the sound from the "primary" picture, not both.

    - Jordan
    Jordan, Sep 17, 2005
  9. fruitbat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I am a very busy executive and dont have a lot of time. If I want to
    > watch all the dvds I rent, I must watch 2 of them at the same time. I
    > just bought a second dvd player and want to connect both of them to my
    > big screen tv and watch 2 movies at the same time, thru the same tv.
    > I dont care if one picture is on top of the other, and the sound can
    > easily come out the same speakers from both movies. I just dont know
    > how to connect them both to the same tv. Can anyone help?

    I'm glad you asked.
    I am the only one in my street that listens to 10 different radio stations
    simultaneously.
    It is the only way that I can handle talk-back.
    fruitbat, Sep 18, 2005