    open, and I can't find no solution, but I would be very surprised if anyone
    here didn't have a solution!

    Rolf

    Rolf, Sep 6, 2007

  2. Rolf

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Rolf wrote:
    > The header says it all, OE has blocked an attachment that I dearly wish to
    > open, and I can't find no solution

    So Googling "outlook express blocked an attachment" returned zero
    results then?

    I'd complain if I was you.

    Desk Rabbit, Sep 6, 2007

  3. Rolf wrote:

    > The header says it all,

    ...and fortunately, you also stated the question in the body of your
    post. Subject lines are for short, concise titles.

    > OE has blocked an attachment that I dearly wish to open, and I can't
    > find no solution, but I would be very surprised if anyone here didn't
    > have a solution!

    Just got a Windows update, didn't you? Updates have the habit of
    changing your choices without asking.

    In OE, go to Tools > Options > Security tab
    and uncheck the obvious checkbox.

    I'm sure you also save attachments to a directory somewhere, and scan
    them with your up-to-date anti-virus program before opening them,
    correct?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 6, 2007
  4. Rolf

    Gordon Guest

    "Rolf" <> wrote in message
    > The header says it all, OE has blocked an attachment that I dearly wish to
    > open, and I can't find no solution, but I would be very surprised if
    > anyone
    > here didn't have a solution!
    >
    > Rolf

    My god - there must be HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of references to this in
    Google.........sheeeesh!

    Gordon, Sep 6, 2007
  5. Gordon wrote:

    > "Rolf" wrote:
    >> The header says it all, OE has blocked an attachment that I dearly
    >> wish to open, and I can't find no solution, but I would be very
    >> surprised if anyone here didn't have a solution!

    > My god - there must be HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of references to this in
    > Google.........sheeeesh!

    Results 1 - 10 of about 882,000 ... :)

    ...the first one of which says:
    "Not being able to open attachments sent to you by email is a common
    support issue for users of Outlook Express 6."

    Why are OE users afraid to look in Options?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 6, 2007
  6. Rolf

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:56:03 +0200, "Rolf" <> wrote:

    >The header says it all, OE has blocked an attachment that I dearly wish to
    >open, and I can't find no solution, but I would be very surprised if anyone
    >here didn't have a solution!

    How hard did you try to find a solution?

    Evan Platt, Sep 6, 2007
  7. Rolf

    Buffalo Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> "Rolf" wrote:
    >>> The header says it all, OE has blocked an attachment that I dearly
    >>> wish to open, and I can't find no solution, but I would be very
    >>> surprised if anyone here didn't have a solution!

    >> My god - there must be HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of references to this in
    >> Google.........sheeeesh!

    > Results 1 - 10 of about 882,000 ... :)
    >
    > ..the first one of which says:
    > "Not being able to open attachments sent to you by email is a common
    > support issue for users of Outlook Express 6."
    >
    > Why are OE users afraid to look in Options?

    My brothers OE will not allow attachments to Open no matter what he allows
    in the Options menu in OE.
    It's not always as simple as that.
    He even reinstalled OE (running WinXPpro Service Pack 2, I believe.

    Buffalo, Sep 6, 2007
  8. Rolf

    Tester Guest

    On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:56:03 +0200, "Rolf" <> wrote:

    >The header says it all, OE has blocked an attachment that I dearly wish to
    >open, and I can't find no solution, but I would be very surprised if anyone
    >here didn't have a solution!
    >
    >Rolf

    Are you seeing an info bar? Have you tried clicking on it?

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/oeandsp2.mspx

    Tester, Sep 6, 2007
  9. Rolf

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 12:47:16 -0600, "Buffalo" <>
    wrote:

    >My brothers OE will not allow attachments to Open no matter what he allows
    >in the Options menu in OE.
    >It's not always as simple as that.
    >He even reinstalled OE (running WinXPpro Service Pack 2, I believe.

    I think the solution is simple...

    Evan Platt, Sep 6, 2007
  10. Rolf

    Buffalo Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 12:47:16 -0600, "Buffalo" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> My brothers OE will not allow attachments to Open no matter what he
    >> allows in the Options menu in OE.
    >> It's not always as simple as that.
    >> He even reinstalled OE (running WinXPpro Service Pack 2, I believe.

    > I think the solution is simple...

    Well, what would it be? :)
    He already thinks he did everything in Options to allow attachments to open.
    He cannot even save them.
    Or, are you suggesting he uses another e-mail client? :)

    Buffalo, Sep 6, 2007
  11. Rolf

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:06:33 -0600, "Buffalo" <>
    wrote:

    >Well, what would it be? :)
    >He already thinks he did everything in Options to allow attachments to open.
    >He cannot even save them.
    >Or, are you suggesting he uses another e-mail client? :)

    Bingo.

    Thunderbird is good

    Evan Platt, Sep 6, 2007
  12. Rolf

    Buffalo Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:06:33 -0600, "Buffalo" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Well, what would it be? :)
    >> He already thinks he did everything in Options to allow attachments
    >> to open. He cannot even save them.
    >> Or, are you suggesting he uses another e-mail client? :)

    > Bingo.
    >
    > Thunderbird is good

    :)

    Buffalo, Sep 6, 2007
  13. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> "Rolf" wrote:
    >>> The header says it all, OE has blocked an attachment that I dearly
    >>> wish to open, and I can't find no solution, but I would be very
    >>> surprised if anyone here didn't have a solution!

    >> My god - there must be HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of references to this in
    >> Google.........sheeeesh!

    > Results 1 - 10 of about 882,000 ... :)
    >
    > ..the first one of which says:
    > "Not being able to open attachments sent to you by email is a common
    > support issue for users of Outlook Express 6."
    >
    > Why are OE users afraid to look in Options?

    Or anywhere in the menu, since, well, you know, they have *buttons*.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 7, 2007
  14. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:06:33 -0600, "Buffalo" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Well, what would it be? :)
    >>He already thinks he did everything in Options to allow attachments to open.
    >>He cannot even save them.
    >>Or, are you suggesting he uses another e-mail client? :)

    > Bingo.
    >
    > Thunderbird is good

    ....compared to OE.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 7, 2007
  15. It was on, or about, Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:43:14 -0700, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:56:03 +0200, "Rolf" <> wrote:
    >
    >>The header says it all, OE has blocked an attachment that I dearly wish
    >>to open, and I can't find no solution, but I would be very surprised if
    >>anyone here didn't have a solution!

    > How hard did you try to find a solution?

    I think what you're trying to say is: http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
    <grin>

    William Poaster, Sep 7, 2007