    bothering & annoying me. I've already tried what would seem to be the
    most obvious solutions, but somehow none of them have worked so far,
    so any attempt(s) to help will be well-appreciated - thanks.

    Lee, Apr 10, 2012

  2. Lee

    Paul Guest

    Re: How can I MUTE ALL sounds on Windows 7 EXCEPT for music on CDplayer?

    Lee wrote:
    > Anyone know how to mute ALL sounds on Windows 7 EXCEPT for the music
    > on the CD player, preferably even being able to play videos muted
    > silently while still playing music on the CD player?
    >
    > I was never able to find a way to do such on Windows XP using Windows
    > Media Player for playing music CD's, so I switched to using CDmax
    > software for playing music CD's, and just muted everything in the
    > Volume Controls except for the system's speakers & CD player.
    >
    > But now that I've switched to Windows 7 on a new HP Pavilion PC, I
    > haven't been able to figure out any way to just play music CD's on the
    > CDmax player without having any other, intrusive sounds/noises
    > bothering & annoying me. I've already tried what would seem to be the
    > most obvious solutions, but somehow none of them have worked so far,
    > so any attempt(s) to help will be well-appreciated - thanks.

    Now, I haven't seen this on my Windows 7 laptop, but there are
    pictures all over, of a "Volume Mixer" bundled with Windows 7.
    It has a slider per application.

    If Firefox was running, there would a slider for Firefox as well.

    http://blog.nirsoft.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/volume_mixer_win7.png

    http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/image69.png

    This site also promotes its own control software, which presumably
    taps into the same API. The user comments note a few problems - the
    sliders move, but the effect doesn't happen when it should. So
    this is a third party, command line tool, to achieve the same
    result. You should try the graphical version from Microsoft first
    I think, if you can find it.

    http://blog.nirsoft.net/2011/02/25/...tion-from-command-line-on-windows-72008vista/

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 10, 2012

  3. Lee

    Ragnar Guest

    "Lee" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know how to mute ALL sounds on Windows 7 EXCEPT for the music
    > on the CD player, preferably even being able to play videos muted
    > silently while still playing music on the CD player?

    Why not choose the "No Sounds" scheme in Control Panel? (My knowledge is
    based on Windows XP but I assume Windows 7 is similar).

    Sorry if I have not understood your question correctly.

    R.

    Ragnar, Apr 10, 2012
  4. "Ragnar" <> wrote in message

    > "Lee" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know how to mute ALL sounds on Windows 7 EXCEPT for the music
    >> on the CD player, preferably even being able to play videos muted
    >> silently while still playing music on the CD player?
    >>

    > Why not choose the "No Sounds" scheme in Control Panel? (My knowledge is
    > based on Windows XP but I assume Windows 7 is similar).
    >
    > Sorry if I have not understood your question correctly.
    >
    > R.

    He wants sound for a single application, and muted for everything else.

    Jeff Strickland, Apr 11, 2012
  5. Lee

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Lee" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know how to mute ALL sounds on Windows 7 EXCEPT for the music
    > on the CD player, preferably even being able to play videos muted
    > silently while still playing music on the CD player?
    >
    > I was never able to find a way to do such on Windows XP using Windows
    > Media Player for playing music CD's, so I switched to using CDmax
    > software for playing music CD's, and just muted everything in the
    > Volume Controls except for the system's speakers & CD player.
    >
    > But now that I've switched to Windows 7 on a new HP Pavilion PC, I
    > haven't been able to figure out any way to just play music CD's on the
    > CDmax player without having any other, intrusive sounds/noises
    > bothering & annoying me. I've already tried what would seem to be the
    > most obvious solutions, but somehow none of them have worked so far,
    > so any attempt(s) to help will be well-appreciated - thanks.

    ===================
    Have to go about it the long way , but you end up with CD control in Volume.
    Is this what you want?
    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/910759-solved-record-volume-control-win.html

    - Bobb -, Apr 25, 2012
  6. Lee

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <jn9nuv$9u8$>, - Bobb - <bobb@noemail.123>
    scribeth thus

    >"Lee" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know how to mute ALL sounds on Windows 7 EXCEPT for the music
    >> on the CD player, preferably even being able to play videos muted
    >> silently while still playing music on the CD player?
    >>
    >> I was never able to find a way to do such on Windows XP using Windows
    >> Media Player for playing music CD's, so I switched to using CDmax
    >> software for playing music CD's, and just muted everything in the
    >> Volume Controls except for the system's speakers & CD player.
    >>
    >> But now that I've switched to Windows 7 on a new HP Pavilion PC, I
    >> haven't been able to figure out any way to just play music CD's on the
    >> CDmax player without having any other, intrusive sounds/noises
    >> bothering & annoying me. I've already tried what would seem to be the
    >> most obvious solutions, but somehow none of them have worked so far,
    >> so any attempt(s) to help will be well-appreciated - thanks.

    >===================
    >Have to go about it the long way , but you end up with CD control in Volume.
    >Is this what you want?
    >http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/910759-solved-record-volume-control-
    >win.html

    Have you tried..

    Start -> control panel -> sound -> select sounds, pull down the drop box
    to "No Sounds" tick apply and close .. try that..

    If that doesn't do what you want just reverse it...

    You can "edit" that so some programs don't have sounds or you can select
    different sounds or combinations thereof..

    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Apr 26, 2012