    D.L. Man Guest

    d: drive to the c: drive I reinstalled the OS and it stored the winnt folder
    and program folder in the d: drive. How can I switch it back?

    D.L. Man, Feb 10, 2005

  2. D.L. Man

    Parko Guest

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:33:52 -0700, D.L. Man wrote:

    > d: drive to the c: drive I reinstalled the OS and it stored the winnt folder
    > and program folder in the d: drive. How can I switch it back?

    Use explorer.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, Feb 10, 2005

  3. D.L. Man

    Brian Guest

    "D.L. Man" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > d: drive to the c: drive I reinstalled the OS and it stored the winnt

    folder
    > and program folder in the d: drive. How can I switch it back?

    OS? file system?

    Brian, Feb 10, 2005
  4. D.L. Man

    D.L. Man Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > "D.L. Man" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > d: drive to the c: drive I reinstalled the OS and it stored the winnt

    > folder
    > > and program folder in the d: drive. How can I switch it back?
    > >

    > OS? file system?

    win2k fat32

    I think it picked this drive somewhere along the way when I was reinstalling
    win2k.

    D.L. Man, Feb 10, 2005
  5. D.L. Man

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "D.L. Man" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > d: drive to the c: drive I reinstalled the OS and it stored the winnt

    > > folder
    > > > and program folder in the d: drive. How can I switch it back?
    > > >

    > > OS? file system?
    > >

    > win2k fat32
    >
    > I think it picked this drive somewhere along the way when I was

    reinstalling
    > win2k.

    hope have just reinstalled and havn't got too many progs installed(apart
    from the ones which are on the os).. if so:
    boot with a 98 windows boot disk .... fdisk/mbr should change the drive
    letters back:

    if not:

    live with it.. its not a problem, just strange.. programs you install should
    look for %sytemroot%\etc and not C:\etc. therfore the setup routines should
    say(after clicking enter, enter, enter) D:\program files\etc and not
    C:\program files\etc

    Brian, Feb 11, 2005
  6. D.L. Man

    Guest