    default browser but Outlook Express is not respecting this and it's still
    opening up my old MyIE2 Internet Explorer based browser. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

    RipVanWinkle, Jul 28, 2004

  2. RipVanWinkle

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 28/Jul/04 03:36, RipVanWinkle said the following:
    > I have started using Firefox (and I love it) but I am still using Outlook
    > Express for mail and newsgroups. I have configured Firefox itself as the
    > default browser but Outlook Express is not respecting this and it's still
    > opening up my old MyIE2 Internet Explorer based browser. Any ideas?
    > Thanks.

    MYIE2 does not like to let go !

    The MYIE2 forums will have the answer I'm sure, just Google for them.

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Jul 28, 2004

  3. RipVanWinkle wrote:

    > I have started using Firefox (and I love it) but I am still using Outlook
    > Express for mail and newsgroups. I have configured Firefox itself as the
    > default browser but Outlook Express is not respecting this and it's still
    > opening up my old MyIE2 Internet Explorer based browser. Any ideas?
    > Thanks.

    Try removing Myie2/Maxthon, set as default and reinstall Myie2 (if you
    still want it installed)

    -Phillip

    Phillip Bryant, Aug 1, 2004
  4. RipVanWinkle

    Bev C Guest

    RipVanWinkle wrote:

    > I have started using Firefox (and I love it) but I am still using Outlook
    > Express for mail and newsgroups. I have configured Firefox itself as the
    > default browser but Outlook Express is not respecting this and it's still
    > opening up my old MyIE2 Internet Explorer based browser. Any ideas?
    > Thanks.

    This free program will take care of that. When using it, select
    Opera/Other browser and then you may need to manually locate the
    Firefox.exe link.

    Worked great for me.

    http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/freeware/setbrowser/

    Sorry, can't figure how to make the link active so I guess you'll have
    to copy and paste.

    Bev C

    Bev C, Aug 15, 2004