How can I make a CASETTE to play in the truck from my MP3 computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fred Fartalot, Sep 1, 2005.

  1. There must be some way to stick a CASETTE in a computer or something eh?

    Fred Fartalot, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Fred Fartalot

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Fred Fartalot wrote:
    > There must be some way to stick a CASETTE in a computer or something
    > eh?

    Sure is...
    <http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=204+0696&dept=&search=&child=>

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 1, 2005

  3. Fred Fartalot

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:00:37 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >Sure is...
    ><http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=204+0696&dept=&search=&child=>

    Or if you have a tape deck, use the audio out from the sound card into
    the tape deck.

    Evan Platt, Sep 1, 2005
  4. Fred Fartalot

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:00:37 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Sure is...
    >> <http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=204+0696&dept=&search=&child=>

    > Or if you have a tape deck, use the audio out from the sound card into
    > the tape deck.

    Yeah - that's what I'd do too. But I just thought that other device was
    funny <g>

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 1, 2005
  5. Fred Fartalot

    <> wrote:

    >Sure is...
    ><http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=204+0696&dept=&search=&child=>

    But what about all my 8 tracks? And reel to reels?

    Evan Platt, Sep 1, 2005
  6. Fred Fartalot

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:00:37 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Sure is...
    >> <http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=204+0696&dept=&search=&child=>

    > But what about all my 8 tracks? And reel to reels?

    I can do that for a small fee <g>!

    Mom still has Dad's old reel-to-reel with an 8-track built in the side. I
    bet the belts are shot in that old thing though ;o)

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 1, 2005
  7. Fred Fartalot

    Mitch Guest

    In article <lTrRe.2323$>, Toolman Tim <> wrote:

    > Yeah - that's what I'd do too. But I just thought that other device was
    > funny <g>

    I saw a new one yesterday that will connect to a network and your television to send TV video over IP.

    God knows that American workers need to use their company broadband to watch television
    while they work and further devalue the entire nation's reputation.

    Can you imagine the lost work hours as people start to watch favorite dayime programs while at work?

    http://www.slingmedia.com/

    Mitch, Sep 1, 2005
  8. Fred Fartalot

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Mitch wrote:
    > In article <lTrRe.2323$>, Toolman Tim
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah - that's what I'd do too. But I just thought that other device
    >> was funny <g>
    >>

    > I saw a new one yesterday that will connect to a network and your
    > television to send TV video over IP.
    >
    > God knows that American workers need to use their company broadband
    > to watch television
    > while they work and further devalue the entire nation's reputation.
    >
    > Can you imagine the lost work hours as people start to watch favorite
    > dayime programs while at work?
    >
    > http://www.slingmedia.com/

    Heh! One question: why? How much does a 19" TV cost? $89 at Walmart (on
    sale). How much does that box cost? $250. So I can watch something from *my*
    TV at work. Or at my mom's house. Or wherever. BFD.

    Another question: if I'm using my computer in the office, how am I supposed
    to watch TV on it at the same time? You're right: it'll just turn into a
    good way for people to screw off at work more than they already do.

    On the flip side of that, our Internet at work is provided by a cable
    company. Since that cable also carries the TV signal, every March the boss
    brings in a TV and hooks it up to watch March Madness college basketball
    playoffs. But, he *is* the boss!

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 2, 2005