How can I Load Balance Two Internet Connections?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Gabriel, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. Gabriel

    Gabriel Guest

    Hello beautiful people, how are you doing?

    I have one tricky question today:

    How do I load balance two internet connections in a Windows XP Pro SP2?

    My internet configuration is:

    1- ADSL Dial up Internet connection (Windows establishes the
    connection)

    2- CableModem / Router / LAN Internet connection (My router -WRT54G
    Wireless Linksys- establishes the connection and delivers it throw the
    network)

    So, in my computer I can Dial a 512kb ADSL Internet connection like a
    typical Modem does and the other connection is defined by a gateway and a
    DNS (the router's one) in the TCP/IP settings of my network card and it is
    a 1mb connection.

    I want a 1.5mb connection!!

    How can I download with both connections at the same time? Or at least. how
    can I download with one connection and surf the net with the other one?

    If anyone can help me I'm listening.

    Thanks very much.

    PD: Sorry for my awful English! I'm from Argentina!
    Gabriel, Feb 18, 2005

  2. Gabriel

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/loadbalance.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 19, 2005

  3. Gabriel

    ncroson

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    hi,

    i am actually trying to do this as well but with satellite internet and dialup.

    i want to set a certain program, namely ventrilo, to use only my satellite internet. i want to set other programs to use only dialup.

    any ideas?

    thanks
    ncroson, Apr 8, 2008