    It is an important software which I must install. But the software vendor
    have not provided 64bit version yet. How to solove it ?
    Please kindly help me.

    =?Utf-8?B?amFubGV1bmc=?=, Feb 8, 2006

  2. Hi,
    you should give a bit more details (to the msft professionals here).
    The "rejection" might not belong to the software itself, but to the
    INSTALLER.

    There are some 16-bit versions of installer-sw out which do not run on x64.

    If the software is a "simple" one (installing does only copy some files -or
    so) you could figure out how it installs on a 32 bit system / and prepare it
    by hand.

    regards jk

    Juergen Kluth, Feb 8, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?amFubGV1bmc=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Forgetting the registry entries?

    John Barnes, Feb 8, 2006
  4. Firstly, thank you for all of your prompt replies.

    I will submit the details once I get back to office.
    Good Day !

    =?Utf-8?B?amFubGV1bmc=?=, Feb 8, 2006
  5. When I double click the SETUP.EXE to initiate the installation, a popup
    window shows the following message:
    “ The image file E:\ is valid, but is for a machine type other than the
    current machine. â€

    I also checked the Event Manager, it shows the following message:
    " The program or feature "E:\Setup\SETUP.EXE" cannot start or run due to
    incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software
    vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. "

    For your information, I am using Windows Professional 64bit Edition.
    Thank you for your kind attention.

    =?Utf-8?B?amFubGV1bmc=?=, Feb 9, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?amFubGV1bmc=?=

    Rick Guest

    What hardware (motherboard) do you have? It sounds like you have
    Windows 64-bit for Itanium and are trying to install a 32-bit program
    for Won XP 32-bit Pentium.

    Rick, Feb 9, 2006
  7. Thank you for your message.
    It's just an inexpensive desktop with a single Intel P4 630 LGA775 CPU, Asus
    P5 motherboard, and so on.

    =?Utf-8?B?amFubGV1bmc=?=, Feb 9, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?amFubGV1bmc=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You either have a 16-bit installer or it has some driver that is 32-bit.
    What is the name of the software you are trying to install.

    John Barnes, Feb 9, 2006
  9. It is a console software of an infrastructure monitoring system (monitoring
    the server room facilities), which is supplied by a US company.
    Actually, it can run well on Windows XP 32bit platform.

    =?Utf-8?B?amFubGV1bmc=?=, Feb 9, 2006
  10. Jan,

    try installing it on a "normal" 32-bit machine, using some software to take
    a snapshot of your registry both before and after the operation. Then put all
    the files in the right places on the new PC and set the registry according to
    what was set up in the 32-bit machine and see if it works - this would work
    if it was just the Setup program that had problems, which is often the case.

    Alternatively, get a copy of VMWARE 5.5, install it on your Windows xp/64
    machine (it works very well, I promise !) and then install a 32-bit OS and
    then your monitor software in _that_.

    Good luck

    hth

    --