How can I have remote access to another computer???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by El Guapo, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. El Guapo

    El Guapo Guest

    Hi, I was wondering what would be the best way or software to access another
    computer and be able to manage it from my location??
    The other machine is Windows ME and I have Windows XP, the ME is my grandmas
    computer and she is always having problems with spyware and slowing down due
    to msconfig filling up.I have XP and I live in another city from her and
    can't come down all the time her windows is slowing down. She has cable
    internet with RoadRunner.
    If I can send her a program that she can install that would be fine, like an
    auto run program so she just loads it and it gets installed.
    I've heard about PC Anywhere but I'm not sure.
    thanks a lot in advance for any help.

    ---

    El Guapo, Jul 13, 2003

  2. El Guapo

    anthonyberet Guest

    El Guapo wrote:
    > Hi, I was wondering what would be the best way or software to access
    > another computer and be able to manage it from my location??
    > The other machine is Windows ME and I have Windows XP, the ME is my
    > grandmas computer and she is always having problems with spyware and
    > slowing down due to msconfig filling up.I have XP and I live in
    > another city from her and can't come down all the time her windows is
    > slowing down. She has cable internet with RoadRunner.
    > If I can send her a program that she can install that would be fine,
    > like an auto run program so she just loads it and it gets installed.
    > I've heard about PC Anywhere but I'm not sure.
    > thanks a lot in advance for any help.

    yeah PC anywhere could do it.
    Also Netmeeting has a desktop-sharing facility, thought the problem for this
    is it takes some knowledge at both ends to get it working.
    bounce.
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Jul 13, 2003