    the original. Generally, the quality is far, far less.

    How can I make the cuts in APP, but not re-encode on saving the final?

    , Aug 20, 2005

  2. Re: How Can I Get Adobe Premiere Pro To Not "Re-Encode" When SavingEdited VOB Files?

    wrote:
    > TMPGEnc DVD Author can do the editing without re-encoding, and
    > perfectly, but, it only lets you cut from where "it" allows you to,
    > and not where you need to make the cut, which is silly.
    >
    > I work primarily in Adobe Premiere Pro v1.5.1, and it edits VOB files
    > flawlessly, however, no matter how expensive a codec you use, or what
    > DVD setting you use, the" re-encoded" quality "nevers" matches that of
    > the original. Generally, the quality is far, far less.
    >
    > How can I make the cuts in APP, but not re-encode on saving the final?

    Most video editing programs are not mpeg editors. I'm pretty sure that
    includes Premiere. You can open, edit, but it has to render it to mpeg
    instead of just saving the changes. More info:

    http://tangentsoft.net/video/mpeg/edit.html

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 20, 2005