How can I find what UDF packet writing software is on my system?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by nospam4me@notaol.com.invalid, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Guest

    In order to back up my system files to dvd, the dvd must first be
    formatted. I have the full Nero 6.3 installed with the exception of
    InCD which is that portion of Nero which formats DVDs. I can't seem to
    install InCD and get it running because it reports there is another
    UDF packet-writing program presently running on my system. I have no
    idea what that program is and how I might find it. I deleted Sonic's
    RecordNow as well as Windows Media Player. (Nero online support said
    it contained Adaptec something or other which interfered with InCD.)

    I'm not exactly pleased with Nero 6.3. It's far too much a program for
    my meager needs and the help available from Nero is far too deep for
    me to understand (or want to understand.) I just want to format DVDs
    so I can back up my system.

    Does anyone have any ideas on how I can find out how to identify UDF
    packet-writing software on my system?

    TIA for your assistance.

    Reply Address Purposly Altered to eliminate SPAM
    Reply by Post Only Please

    , Mar 6, 2004

  2. gb Guest

    May not be relevant, but a UDF reader used to be installed with Easy CD,
    especially if the CD drive wasn't able to inherently read CDRW disks. An
    entry used to be created in Add/Remove programs, which could be removed if
    required.

    I might be barking up the wrong tree, but it's worth a shot!

    gb

    gb, Mar 6, 2004

  3. Adi Guest

    You need UDF READER (Roxio) and EASYREADER (NERO) for universal use.

    <> je napisal v sporoèilo

    Adi, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Guest

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 11:11:52 +0100, "Adi" <> wrote:

    >You need UDF READER (Roxio) and EASYREADER (NERO) for universal use.

    Thanks for taking the time to respond, but I'm not sure how your
    response relates to the problem I'm having,

    I'm not looking to READ an already existing CD or a DVD. I want simply
    to have the ability to format a DVD in order that I might save system
    files to it. I have no ability at present to format any DVD because
    there is some piece of packet-writing software on my system which
    precludes the installation of any other program which also contains
    UDF packet-writing software. I am attempting to identify what the
    program (which already exists on my system) may be but have no sense
    as to where to look. Is there some particular file extension I should
    search for? Some particular registry entry? I'm totally lost and
    clueless here.

    Reply Address Purposly Altered to eliminate SPAM
    Reply by Post Only Please

    , Mar 7, 2004
  5. Guest

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 09:27:13 +0000 (UTC), "gb" <> wrote:

    >May not be relevant, but a UDF reader used to be installed with Easy CD,
    >especially if the CD drive wasn't able to inherently read CDRW disks. An
    >entry used to be created in Add/Remove programs, which could be removed if
    >required.
    >
    >I might be barking up the wrong tree, but it's worth a shot!

    Thank you for responding.

    Perhaps I'm missing something in your remarks as well as those
    prestented by Adi. I've never installed any version of Roxio on my
    system, nor is there any listing in the Add/Remove of the Control
    Panel. I am simply lost here and can't figure out what UDF
    packet-writing software already exists or even how to identify it.

    Got any other ideas?