how can i do simple web server load balancing on a cisco 3660?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Adam, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Adam

    Adam Guest

    I have been handed a single Cisco 3660 router with IOS 12.2(7a). What
    I am trying to do with it is load balance two web servers (port 80).

    I am a self-declared newbie, having no prior experience of working
    with routers. I have managed to get into the command line interface,
    plug in the router to the network and get a ping to work. Here is the
    current target configuration of the network. I apologize if I mess up
    the terminology.

    A T1 drop comes in from our provider and it goes into a Cisco 2600
    also by our provider. The 2600 splits the T1 into two local networks.
    One of those networks is for our VOIP system, the other is for our
    data. The data line is plugged into a SonicWall firewall, the
    SonicWall is connected to an unmanaged switch which all our local
    workstations are connected to. In addition, there is a cable from the
    switch going to the Cisco 3660. There are no other routers involved
    within the office network.

    1. I have been able to configure the Cisco 3660 ethernet port with an
    ip address (192.168.167.1) so that it responds to a ping.
    2. For simplicity, I have a server farm setup to redirect traffic
    from 192.168.167.2 to 192.168.166.87. This is the serverfarm
    configuration...

    ip slb serverfarm test
    real 192.168.166.87
    inservice
    ip slb vserver test_http
    serverfarm test
    virtual 192.168.167.2 tcp www
    inservice

    After setting up the serverfarm i am successfully able to ping
    192.168.167.2. Now I try going to my website
    http://192.168.166.87/test.html but it does not get a response and it
    hangs the browser. Whatever help you can provide would be
    appreciated.

    Adam
    Adam, Jul 9, 2003