    How can I methodically diagnose then fix the problem?
    Thanks,

    Mike
    Mike, Dec 10, 2006

  2. Mike

    Leythos Guest

    In article <nNJeh.349$IO5.202@trnddc01>, says...
    > We have a XP Home PC that reliably connected to our VPN server at work then
    > stopped
    > working. Others connect using VPN/RDP w/o problems and the user can
    > connect using PCs other than her own.
    > Her PC still connects to VPN w/o difficulty but will not connect using RDP.
    > How can I methodically diagnose then fix the problem?
    > Thanks,

    Did you uncheck - Use Default Gateway in your networking settings so
    that you could access your local network while using the VPN?

    If you can't connect using RD through the VPN using the device name, try
    the IP of the device instead of the name - also make sure that you've
    not unchecked the Use Remote Gateway.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Dec 10, 2006

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > In article <nNJeh.349$IO5.202@trnddc01>, says...
    >> We have a XP Home PC that reliably connected to our VPN server at work
    >> then
    >> stopped
    >> working. Others connect using VPN/RDP w/o problems and the user can
    >> connect using PCs other than her own.
    >> Her PC still connects to VPN w/o difficulty but will not connect using
    >> RDP.
    >> How can I methodically diagnose then fix the problem?
    >> Thanks,

    > Did you uncheck - Use Default Gateway in your networking settings so
    > that you could access your local network while using the VPN?

    Where is the Use Default Gateway? I looked in TCP/IP settings/advanced but
    can't find Use Default Gateway.

    > If you can't connect using RD through the VPN using the device name, try
    > the IP of the device instead of the name - also make sure that you've
    > not unchecked the Use Remote Gateway.

    Can't ping it, but can get on the Internet and can connect to VPN fine just
    can't connect using RDP.
    Where can I find Use Remote Gateway?

    Mike
    Mike, Dec 10, 2006
  4. Mike

    Leythos Guest

    In article <4QKeh.526$IO5.407@trnddc01>, says...

    > "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <nNJeh.349$IO5.202@trnddc01>, says...
    > >> We have a XP Home PC that reliably connected to our VPN server at work
    > >> then
    > >> stopped
    > >> working. Others connect using VPN/RDP w/o problems and the user can
    > >> connect using PCs other than her own.
    > >> Her PC still connects to VPN w/o difficulty but will not connect using
    > >> RDP.
    > >> How can I methodically diagnose then fix the problem?
    > >> Thanks,

    > > Did you uncheck - Use Default Gateway in your networking settings so
    > > that you could access your local network while using the VPN?

    > Where is the Use Default Gateway? I looked in TCP/IP settings/advanced but
    > can't find Use Default Gateway.
    > >
    > > If you can't connect using RD through the VPN using the device name, try
    > > the IP of the device instead of the name - also make sure that you've
    > > not unchecked the Use Remote Gateway.

    > Can't ping it, but can get on the Internet and can connect to VPN fine just
    > can't connect using RDP.
    > Where can I find Use Remote Gateway?

    http://www.csupomona.edu/~ehelp/vpn/faq.html

    Look down the page for the specific instructions.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me
    Leythos, Dec 10, 2006
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Is there a Windows Forum I can go to or other resources that'll describe how
    trouble a defective network connection?
    http://www.csupomona.edu/~ehelp/vpn/faq.html
    is good but I'm also looking for coimmands I can run to verify a NIC is
    working, etc.

    Mike, Dec 12, 2006