    them. Can someone please advise how I can connect to this newsgroup with other
    ISP's? Usenet.com charges a fee; Google doesn't include this particular group
    in their listing. Help!

    Luvskats00, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Luvskats00

    Pepperoni Guest

    http://news.individual.net/
    follow the instructions to register; they will send log on instructions in
    a few days. No binaries, must use a valid email addy to post (use a
    throwaway addy to prevent spam)

    Best free server for text groups. Setup instructions available for multiple
    readers. Your new ISP will likely have newsgroups, also. Many newsreaders
    are available if you need one. I use XNews (free) for binaries, OE for
    text.

    Google *DOES* run this group:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.computer

    Go with Individual.net You will like them. Free and good retention.

    Pepperoni

    "Luvskats00" <> wrote in message
    > AOL is dropping newgroup service..it was the sole reason for my staying

    with

    Pepperoni, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Luvskats00

    Plato Guest

    Luvskats00 wrote:

    > AOL is dropping newgroup service..it was the sole reason for my staying with
    > them. Can someone please advise how I can connect to this newsgroup with other
    > ISP's? Usenet.com charges a fee; Google doesn't include this particular group
    > in their listing. Help!

    Best bet is to sign up with a ng service like newscene.com

    Plato, Jan 28, 2005
  4. Luvskats00

    Luvskats00 Guest

    Plato |@|.| writes

    >Luvskats00 wrote:
    > AOL is dropping newgroup service..it >was the sole reason for my staying
    >with
    >them. Can someone please advise how I >can connect to this newsgroup with
    >other
    >ISP's? Usenet.com charges a fee; >Google doesn't include this particular
    >group
    >in their listing. Help!

    >>Best bet is to sign up with a ng service >>like newscene.com

    Newscene.com charges a fee, too. Thanks though.

    Luvskats00, Jan 28, 2005