    It seems that multilink is only working with ISDN, is there is a way
    to combine PSTN modem speed.

    Thanks.
    Jane Lee, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Jane Lee

    AG Guest

    "Jane Lee" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have two identical modems. (not ISDN). How can i combine bandwidth
    > from both the modem to enhance my Internet connection speed? I do not
    > have static IP address. I am using windows 2000 server.
    > It seems that multilink is only working with ISDN, is there is a way
    > to combine PSTN modem speed.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Yes but you will need two accounts with your ISP to do it. Either that or
    an account that will allow more than one connection. I know that the ISP
    that I work at charges the same for a second connection as the first. Link
    here:
    http://www.pcworld.com/news/article.asp?aid=7416
    AG
    AG, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Jane Lee

    Geoff Guest

    Jane Lee wrote:
    > I have two identical modems. (not ISDN). How can i combine bandwidth
    > from both the modem to enhance my Internet connection speed? I do not
    > have static IP address. I am using windows 2000 server.
    > It seems that multilink is only working with ISDN, is there is a way
    > to combine PSTN modem speed.
    >
    > Thanks.

    doing channel bonding with 56k modems is not worth the bother, it's very
    messy to get working at the best of times
    isdn is easy, normal 56k is not
    Geoff, Sep 26, 2003
  4. Jane Lee

    Steffi Guest

    Thanks AG. Nice peice of information. I also wanted this for my home network.

    Steffi S.

    Steffi, Sep 27, 2003