How can I check my email from someone else's pc?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?S2ltYmVybHk=?=, Apr 24, 2006.

  1. Geez...this can't be difficult but I can't find this info anywhere!
    =?Utf-8?B?S2ltYmVybHk=?=, Apr 24, 2006

  2. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't talking
    about web-based email like hotmail, yahoo, or gmail....don't laugh...folks
    ask questions like that all the time.

    If you are using an email client like Lotus Notes or MS Outlook your best
    bet is to contact your network administrator and ask if they have web access
    enabled. This will allow you to connect to your email account with a web
    browser. If that is not an option you will have to log the other user off
    their machine, log in with your account information and then configure the
    mail client you use.

    I can't get more specific without knowing what email software you use and
    how you normally access your account. Start with your local network admin.
    He/she probably deals with this exact issue all the time. Probably 60% of
    desktop support/IT work nowadays is fixing issues with email.
    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=, Apr 24, 2006