    Can anyone offer suggestions on how best to do this?

    Thanks.

    Brian Schang
    Brian S. Schang, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Brian S. Schang

    Cooter Guest

    It can be done with an editor capable of opening a file in HEX mode. I have
    used UltraEdit to do what you are asking about. They have a trial version
    available that should allow you to fix your 100 pictures before the trial
    time runs out.

    "Brian S. Schang" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > I just noticed that I took about 100 pictures with my Nikon D100 with the

    clock
    > set incorrectly. Somehow I entered the year as 2002 rather than 2003.

    Therefore
    > all of my EXIF dates are off by exactly one year.
    >
    > Is there any way to change the EXIF date in the NEF file? I would be

    thrilled
    > if I could somehow select a set of files and update the year to 2003 and

    leave
    > everything else as is (batch update). However, I'd be willing to edit all

    files

    Cooter, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Brian S. Schang

    Cooter Guest

    I posted a reply yesterday but it doesn't seem to have made it to the NG. To
    answer your question, you can use a HEX editor such as UltraEdit or WinHEX
    to change the date and a few other details. I have done this with UltraEdit
    with no problems. Open the file in HEX mode and page down until you find the
    date. If I remember correctly, it will be in the form YYYY.MM.DD followed by
    the time in a similar format. It will be in ASCII (readable), so just
    highlight and change the character(s) you need to. Also, from memory, I
    think the date appears in two places, but I don't remember whether you have
    to change both or just the first. You can get an evaluation copy of
    UltraEdit that should last long enough to do 100 pix.

    Cooter, Dec 20, 2003
  4. "Cooter" <> wrote:

    >I posted a reply yesterday but it doesn't seem to have made it to the NG. To
    >answer your question, you can use a HEX editor such as UltraEdit or WinHEX
    >to change the date and a few other details. I have done this with UltraEdit
    >with no problems. Open the file in HEX mode and page down until you find the
    >date. If I remember correctly, it will be in the form YYYY.MM.DD followed by
    >the time in a similar format. It will be in ASCII (readable), so just
    >highlight and change the character(s) you need to. Also, from memory, I
    >think the date appears in two places, but I don't remember whether you have
    >to change both or just the first. You can get an evaluation copy of
    >UltraEdit that should last long enough to do 100 pix.

    Got it, thanks a lot!

    Actually I am a registered user of UltraEdit, so your recommendation was
    perfect. UltraEdit has a "Replace in Files" command which allows for a very
    simplistic version of batching. I was able to fix my 100-or-so files in about
    20 minutes.

    Thanks a ton for the recommendation. Now my pictures are correctly sorted!

    Brian Schang
    Brian S. Schang, Dec 21, 2003