how can i burn rented DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Not Johnny NoCom, Jan 1, 2005.

  1. please let me how to get around the protection codes on these puppies.

    Thanks in Advance

    Not Johnny NoCom, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Not Johnny NoCom

    MauiJNP Guest

    dvd decrypter and its free.
    dvd shrink should be used too.

    download both for free and use together
    first decrypt, then shrink and burn with decrypt

    MauiJNP, Jan 1, 2005

  3. Not Johnny NoCom

    Donald Link Guest

    On 01 Jan 2005 01:06:36 GMT, astRace (Not Johnny
    NoCom) wrote:

    >please let me how to get around the protection codes on these puppies.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance

    God, try a search on google. Search for DVD shrink and DVD
    DVD decrypter.

    Donald Link, Jan 1, 2005
  4. Not Johnny NoCom

    Richard C. Guest

    > please let me how to get around the protection codes on these puppies.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance

    ==================================
    Place in microwave oven for 68 seconds on 80percent power.
    This will solve all problems and you are set to go.

    Your welcome in advance.

    Richard C., Jan 1, 2005
  5. On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:32:47 -0800, "Richard C."
    <> wrote:

    >"Not Johnny NoCom" <> wrote in message
    >> please let me how to get around the protection codes on these puppies.
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance

    >==================================
    >Place in microwave oven for 68 seconds on 80percent power.
    >This will solve all problems and you are set to go.
    >
    >Your welcome in advance.

    Out here on the farm we just use butane.

    Dyuob Poltice, Jan 1, 2005
  6. Not Johnny NoCom

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Not Johnny NoCom" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >please let me how to get around the protection codes on these puppies.

    1. http://www.dvdpricesearch.com

    2. Enter title of DVD.

    3. Click on lowest price.

    4. Open wallet, extract credit card.

    5. Place order.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "Don't move, or I'll fill you full of [... pause ...] little
    yellow bolts of light." -- Farscape, first episode

    Stan Brown, Jan 1, 2005
  7. Not Johnny NoCom

    Jon Purkey Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Place in microwave oven for 68 seconds on 80percent power.
    >This will solve all problems and you are set to go.

    The place you rented the DVD from might not be too happy though.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)

    Jon Purkey, Jan 1, 2005
  8. Not Johnny NoCom

    Joe Blow Guest

    Jon Purkey wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:32:47 -0800, "Richard C."
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Place in microwave oven for 68 seconds on 80percent power.
    >>This will solve all problems and you are set to go.

    > The place you rented the DVD from might not be too happy though.

    Which leads me to wonder this....suppose I ripped and burned a
    couple thousand DVDs and opened my own DVD rental store (unswayed
    by the possibility of too many others out there like me). It's no
    bother to reproduce the cover art and CD labels. Is there some
    sort of anti-piracy agency that would amble into my store and check
    to see whether my DVDs were purchased legitimately?

    JB

    Joe Blow, Jan 2, 2005
  9. Not Johnny NoCom

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Joe Blow wrote:
    > Jon Purkey wrote:
    >> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:32:47 -0800, "Richard C."
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Place in microwave oven for 68 seconds on 80percent power.
    >>> This will solve all problems and you are set to go.

    >> The place you rented the DVD from might not be too happy though.

    > Which leads me to wonder this....suppose I ripped and burned a
    > couple thousand DVDs and opened my own DVD rental store (unswayed
    > by the possibility of too many others out there like me). It's no
    > bother to reproduce the cover art and CD labels. Is there some
    > sort of anti-piracy agency that would amble into my store and check
    > to see whether my DVDs were purchased legitimately?

    You can't be serious.

    Mike Kohary, Jan 2, 2005
  10. Not Johnny NoCom

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Joe Blow wrote:
    > Jon Purkey wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:32:47 -0800, "Richard C."
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Place in microwave oven for 68 seconds on 80percent power.
    >>> This will solve all problems and you are set to go.

    >> The place you rented the DVD from might not be too happy though.

    > Which leads me to wonder this....suppose I ripped and burned a
    > couple thousand DVDs and opened my own DVD rental store (unswayed
    > by the possibility of too many others out there like me). It's no
    > bother to reproduce the cover art and CD labels. Is there some
    > sort of anti-piracy agency that would amble into my store and check
    > to see whether my DVDs were purchased legitimately?
    >
    > JB

    I'd assume that as soon as someone found out about it they'd come in and
    pick up some movies and walk out the door with them, figuring that you
    wouldn't have the nerve to try to prosecute them.

    dick
    -- seriously I'd expect you to be out of business in less than a day.

    Dick Sidbury, Jan 2, 2005
  11. Not Johnny NoCom

    Rutgar Guest

    On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 21:48:21 -0500, Dick Sidbury
    <> wrote:

    >Joe Blow wrote:
    >> Jon Purkey wrote:

    >>> The place you rented the DVD from might not be too happy though.

    >> Which leads me to wonder this....suppose I ripped and burned a
    >> couple thousand DVDs and opened my own DVD rental store (unswayed
    >> by the possibility of too many others out there like me). It's no
    >> bother to reproduce the cover art and CD labels. Is there some
    >> sort of anti-piracy agency that would amble into my store and check
    >> to see whether my DVDs were purchased legitimately?
    >>
    >> JB

    >I'd assume that as soon as someone found out about it they'd come in and
    >pick up some movies and walk out the door with them, figuring that you
    >wouldn't have the nerve to try to prosecute them.
    >
    >dick
    >-- seriously I'd expect you to be out of business in less than a day.

    You mean steal stolen movies?

    Rutgar, Jan 2, 2005
  12. Not Johnny NoCom

    Richard C. Guest

    "Dyuob Poltice" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:32:47 -0800, "Richard C."
    > <> wrote:

    >>"Not Johnny NoCom" <> wrote in message
    >>> please let me how to get around the protection codes on these puppies.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in Advance

    >>==================================
    >>Place in microwave oven for 68 seconds on 80percent power.
    >>This will solve all problems and you are set to go.
    >>
    >>Your welcome in advance.
    >>

    > Out here on the farm we just use butane.

    ========================
    That works too, but it usually trims off a bit or two of resolution.

    Richard C., Jan 2, 2005
  13. Not Johnny NoCom

    Richard C. Guest

    "Jon Purkey" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:32:47 -0800, "Richard C."
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Place in microwave oven for 68 seconds on 80percent power.
    >>This will solve all problems and you are set to go.

    > The place you rented the DVD from might not be too happy though.

    =============================
    So?

    Richard C., Jan 2, 2005
  14. Not Johnny NoCom

    Richard C. Guest

    "Joe Blow" <> wrote in message
    > Jon Purkey wrote:
    >> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:32:47 -0800, "Richard C."
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Place in microwave oven for 68 seconds on 80percent power.
    >>>This will solve all problems and you are set to go.

    >> The place you rented the DVD from might not be too happy though.

    > Which leads me to wonder this....suppose I ripped and burned a
    > couple thousand DVDs and opened my own DVD rental store (unswayed
    > by the possibility of too many others out there like me). It's no
    > bother to reproduce the cover art and CD labels. Is there some
    > sort of anti-piracy agency that would amble into my store and check
    > to see whether my DVDs were purchased legitimately?
    >
    > JB

    =====================================
    Yes................
    Its initials are F B I

    Richard C., Jan 2, 2005
  15. Not Johnny NoCom

    Joe Blow Guest

    Richard C. wrote:
    >>Which leads me to wonder this....suppose I ripped and burned a
    >>couple thousand DVDs and opened my own DVD rental store (unswayed
    >>by the possibility of too many others out there like me). It's no
    >>bother to reproduce the cover art and CD labels. Is there some
    >>sort of anti-piracy agency that would amble into my store and check
    >>to see whether my DVDs were purchased legitimately?
    >>
    >>JB

    > =====================================
    > Yes................
    > Its initials are F B I

    Bullshit. Why would they bother with such a rinky dink case, especially
    if you're out in the sticks renting movies to people who couldn't give
    a toss about these matters? None of you have a legitimate answer to
    my question. Perhaps nobody would ever find out.

    JB

    Joe Blow, Jan 3, 2005
  16. Not Johnny NoCom

    Richard C. Guest

    "Joe Blow" <> wrote in message
    > Richard C. wrote:
    >>>Which leads me to wonder this....suppose I ripped and burned a
    >>>couple thousand DVDs and opened my own DVD rental store (unswayed
    >>>by the possibility of too many others out there like me). It's no
    >>>bother to reproduce the cover art and CD labels. Is there some
    >>>sort of anti-piracy agency that would amble into my store and check
    >>>to see whether my DVDs were purchased legitimately?
    >>>
    >>>JB

    >> =====================================
    >> Yes................
    >> Its initials are F B I

    > Bullshit. Why would they bother with such a rinky dink case, especially
    > if you're out in the sticks renting movies to people who couldn't give
    > a toss about these matters? None of you have a legitimate answer to
    > my question. Perhaps nobody would ever find out.
    >
    > JB

    ==========================
    The FBI is exactly who would get involved.
    That is the final legitimate answer.

    Go ahead........give it a try......let us know where your shop is.

    Richard C., Jan 3, 2005
  17. Not Johnny NoCom

    Jon Purkey Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:07:24 GMT, Joe Blow <>
    wrote:

    >Bullshit. Why would they bother with such a rinky dink case, especially
    >if you're out in the sticks renting movies to people who couldn't give
    >a toss about these matters? None of you have a legitimate answer to
    >my question. Perhaps nobody would ever find out.

    And someone else could rent the DVDs from your shop, copy them and
    then rent their copies for half what you are renting yours for. You
    would soon be out of business even if the FBI doesn't get involved.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)

    Jon Purkey, Jan 3, 2005
  18. >> Bullshit. Why would they bother with such a rinky dink case, especially
    >> if you're out in the sticks renting movies to people who couldn't give
    >> a toss about these matters? None of you have a legitimate answer to
    >> my question. Perhaps nobody would ever find out.
    >>
    >> JB

    > ==========================
    > The FBI is exactly who would get involved.
    > That is the final legitimate answer.
    >
    > Go ahead........give it a try......let us know where your shop is.

    Back in the early days of VHS rentals, there was a store in the Northeast PA
    area that had a few tapes for rent that were actually duped from TV (with
    commercials intact). As it's close to 20 years ago, I can only remember the
    first Superman movie as being one of them. Anyhow, the Feds came in and shut
    them down after people started complaining.

    Barry Delfino, Jan 3, 2005
  19. Not Johnny NoCom

    Justin Guest

    Jon Purkey wrote on [Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:23:35 -0500]:
    > On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:07:24 GMT, Joe Blow <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Bullshit. Why would they bother with such a rinky dink case, especially
    >>if you're out in the sticks renting movies to people who couldn't give
    >>a toss about these matters? None of you have a legitimate answer to
    >>my question. Perhaps nobody would ever find out.

    > And someone else could rent the DVDs from your shop, copy them and
    > then rent their copies for half what you are renting yours for. You
    > would soon be out of business even if the FBI doesn't get involved.

    Or they could "rent" your discs and never return them. Why would anyone
    in the rinky dink community return an item to a thief?

    Justin, Jan 3, 2005
  20. Not Johnny NoCom

    Richard C. Guest

    "Barry Delfino" <> wrote in message
    >>> Bullshit. Why would they bother with such a rinky dink case, especially
    >>> if you're out in the sticks renting movies to people who couldn't give
    >>> a toss about these matters? None of you have a legitimate answer to
    >>> my question. Perhaps nobody would ever find out.
    >>>
    >>> JB

    >> ==========================
    >> The FBI is exactly who would get involved.
    >> That is the final legitimate answer.
    >>
    >> Go ahead........give it a try......let us know where your shop is.

    > Back in the early days of VHS rentals, there was a store in the Northeast
    > PA area that had a few tapes for rent that were actually duped from TV
    > (with commercials intact). As it's close to 20 years ago, I can only
    > remember the first Superman movie as being one of them. Anyhow, the Feds
    > came in and shut them down after people started complaining.

    Yep!

    Contrary to what some people seem to think, piracy is a major crime
    involving the theft of millions of dollars. The MPAA and the FBI indeed
    investigate and prosecute.

    Richard C., Jan 4, 2005