    Trada Guest

    Does anyone know how big a hard drive a 2ghz, 256meg RAM celeron will
    handle?
    Trada, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Trada

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:13:02 +1000, Trada wrote:

    > Does anyone know how big a hard drive a 2ghz, 256meg RAM celeron will
    > handle?

    If it's XP and NTFS, as big as your bank account can handle.
    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Aug 9, 2006

  3. Trada

    Trada Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:13:02 +1000, Trada wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know how big a hard drive a 2ghz, 256meg RAM celeron will
    >> handle?

    > If it's XP and NTFS, as big as your bank account can handle.

    Well I'm thinking of loading Fedora Core 5 and want to dual boot off
    separate hard drives. I think Fedora requires FAT32 doesn't it?
    Trada, Aug 9, 2006
  4. Trada

    Gordon Guest

    Trada wrote:

    > Well I'm thinking of loading Fedora Core 5 and want to dual boot off
    > separate hard drives. I think Fedora requires FAT32 doesn't it?

    No, Linux uses its own FS - Ext2 or Ext3 are usual, FC can use Selinux
    AFAIK....
    I dual-boot XP and Kubuntu on one 40 GB HDD with no problem at all....

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Kubuntu 6.06, Open Office 2
    Gordon, Aug 9, 2006
  5. Trada

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:31:28 +1000, Trada wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:13:02 +1000, Trada wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know how big a hard drive a 2ghz, 256meg RAM celeron will
    >>> handle?

    >> If it's XP and NTFS, as big as your bank account can handle.

    > Well I'm thinking of loading Fedora Core 5 and want to dual boot off
    > separate hard drives. I think Fedora requires FAT32 doesn't it?

    Not sure if FC5 can write to NTFS as I have not the need to but it can
    read it.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Aug 9, 2006
  6. Trada

    Margolotta Guest

    On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:11:39 +0100, Meat Plow wrote
    (in article <-meatplow.local>):

    > On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:31:28 +1000, Trada wrote:
    >

    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> If it's XP and NTFS, as big as your bank account can handle.

    >> Well I'm thinking of loading Fedora Core 5 and want to dual boot off
    >> separate hard drives. I think Fedora requires FAT32 doesn't it?

    > Not sure if FC5 can write to NTFS as I have not the need to but it can
    > read it.

    TTBOMK (and Whiskers/Blinky will correct me because it's ages since I used
    Linux) it can read NTFS but not write - no version of Linux can.
    Margolotta, Aug 9, 2006
  7. Trada

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 14:29:41 +0100, Margolotta wrote:

    > On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 14:11:39 +0100, Meat Plow wrote (in article
    > <-meatplow.local>):
    >
    >> On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:31:28 +1000, Trada wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Well I'm thinking of loading Fedora Core 5 and want to dual boot off
    >>> separate hard drives. I think Fedora requires FAT32 doesn't it?

    >> Not sure if FC5 can write to NTFS as I have not the need to but it can
    >> read it.
    >>

    > TTBOMK (and Whiskers/Blinky will correct me because it's ages since I used
    > Linux) it can read NTFS but not write - no version of Linux can.

    There is a project IIRC that has developed a way to write to NTFS but how
    safe and or reliable and just how non-techie you can be to use it I'm
    unsure of.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Aug 9, 2006
  8. Howdy!

    "Margolotta" <> wrote in message

    > TTBOMK (and Whiskers/Blinky will correct me because it's ages since I used
    > Linux) it can read NTFS but not write - no version of Linux can.

    At least a few can.

    And have been able to for years now.

    Else my NTFS Password Recover Diskette would not work.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 13, 2006