    --
    Editor, Internet's Convenient and Unbiased Directory of Nutrition Software
    http://nutritionsoftware.org
    Editor www.nutritionsoftware.org, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Get a little photoflow and just wash them (see the darkroom meaning of
    that, don't stick them in the dish washer.).

    Cool (no more than 70ยบ) water carefully immerse them for a few minutes.
    Use your fingers if needed to provide a little more cleaning, rinse in the
    PhotoFlow solution (dilute it as recommended) and remove the excess water
    and hang in a clean dry area to dry.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a solution for cleaning film called Edwal, Anti-Stat Film Cleaner,

    > clean mold and fungus from film and slides (I live in Florida). I got it

    from

    Joseph Meehan, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Editor  www.nutritionsoftware.org

    Paul Worden Guest

    Joseph E. Meehan says it all - there is one modification that we found
    effective.

    I often had to wash negs as a Lab Techie and they'll take a heap of
    punishment if it's done right. Soak them in Photoflo for a few minutes, then
    gently use your (soft wet) fingers to massage the surface, preferably under
    the water.

    Pay particular attention to the edges - the emulsion can soften there are
    you need to strip away any little slivers (It's OK, they're hair thin...!)

    Have a clean bowl of Photoflo ready and hold the neg by the corner and dip
    it in - then immediately (I mean IMMEDIATELY, with water streaming off it,)
    hang it up in a dust free place.
    The Photoflo drains down the negative and takes any residual specks with it.

    This last step is more effective than removing excess water. It's possible
    in the water removal stage, to put dirt back... but if you must, fingers are
    better than squeegees - you know where they've been.....

    --
    Paul Worden
    remove NOSPAM from email address to reply
    Paul Worden, Jul 16, 2003
  4. Editor  www.nutritionsoftware.org

    Peter Jones Guest

    PEC- 12

    Peter

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:48:16 GMT, "Editor www.nutritionsoftware.org"
    <nseditor2002 > wrote:

    >I've just bought a scanner and, after a few scans, found that I need to
    >clean the old negatives to make the scans more usable. Dusting is not enough
    >because sometimes the negatives stuck to the plastic sleeves and have large
    >bad 'sectors'.
    >
    >What kind of cleaning materials do you recommend? Many thanks.

    Digital Photography Reference
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/PJDigPhot.htm
    Touchup, an image viewing applet (also shows EXIF)
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/software.htm
    Health, happiness and healing
    http://www.SuperNaturalWoman.com
    Peter Jones, Jul 16, 2003
  5. Rewashing the film and then dipping in photoflow
    before drying is usually the only way.
    Do a google search, this has been discussed frequently.

    Editor www.nutritionsoftware.org wrote:

    > I've just bought a scanner and, after a few scans, found that I need to
    > clean the old negatives to make the scans more usable. Dusting is not enough
    > because sometimes the negatives stuck to the plastic sleeves and have large
    > bad 'sectors'.
    >
    > What kind of cleaning materials do you recommend? Many thanks.

    --
    Robert D Feinman

    Landscapes, Cityscapes, Panoramas and Photoshop Tips
    http://robertdfeinman.com
    Robert Feinman, Jul 16, 2003