How Best Buy weaseled out of their Claude Chabrol Collection orders

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Frank Malczewski, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. At least mine....

    Bought it just after it went out of stock on the 4th of June. The order
    finally shipped a few days ago and I got it today.

    But low and behold, they substituted just the single 'La Rupture' DVD
    (and it arrived with DVD loose from hub - rattle rattle rattle - no
    less), making the order invoice look like an entirely different order
    (e.g., order date 6/25).

    I called them up and noted that they sent me an item I did not order
    instead of the item I did order (you know the 8 DVD box set for $14.99).
    They said I should send back the wrong item to them for full credit.

    Could they ship me a copy of what I actually ordered? Well they
    couldn't do an order over the phone, and I'd have to go to the website
    to reorder it. Oh, and by the way, it's currently undergoing
    reconstruction, so you can't place an order right now.

    But I did clarify that I could just take it back to my local BB and get
    the full refund that way. (Which I'll do.)

    The end.

    Did notice that both my local BB stores now have two copies each of the
    set (none were available on the 3rd of June) at $71.99 (could have used
    that 10% off coupon to get it cheaper), but I never was interested
    enough to pay that much for it.

    --Frank

    Frank Malczewski, Jun 28, 2003

  2. outbuck16 <> wrote:

    > Hmm, I actually got the complete set. And I did buy it after reading
    > about the deal here in the group.

    Yes, but was it on back order for two (three?) weeks before they shipped
    it to you? Mine shipped just a few days ago. (My mistake for waiting a
    day...)

    Still, there's no way I'm getting it at 14.99... they won't let me.

    --Frank

    Frank Malczewski, Jul 1, 2003

  3. How Best Buy actually didn't weasel out of my Claude Chabrol Collection online order...

    Frank Malczewski <> wrote:

    > outbuck16 <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hmm, I actually got the complete set. And I did buy it after reading
    > > about the deal here in the group.

    > Yes, but was it on back order for two (three?) weeks before they shipped
    > it to you? Mine shipped just a few days ago. (My mistake for waiting a
    > day...)
    >
    > Still, there's no way I'm getting it at 14.99... they won't let me.
    >
    > --Frank

    Actually, guess I was wrong (in brief):

    me: Hi. They sent me the wrong item. I'd like to get a refund.

    guy1: Uh, I dunno how to do returns from buy.com. Let me get somebody
    over here that does.

    me: Oh and the 800 person said I'd get the extra I paid for 2day
    shipping back too, since the wrong item was sent.

    guy3 (guy 2 didn't know how either): Do we have what you originally
    ordered here in stock?

    me: Yes, but it's not the same price.

    guy3: We'll fix you up.

    me... goes off to get the box and returns

    guy3.. looks at box set price and double-takes/gags/etc/etc [it was
    classic], but he (and the other two guys) did do the exchange.

    Apparently the single DVD La Rupture (14.99) that they sent me has the
    same SKU as the box (71.99 currently), thus the deal.

    Frank Malczewski, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Frank Malczewski

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Re: How Best Buy actually didn't weasel out of my Claude Chabrol Collection online order...

    Frank Malczewski wrote:
    :: Frank Malczewski <> wrote:
    ::
    ::: outbuck16 <> wrote:
    :::
[...]

    Best Buy ain't so bad....for DVDs....

    Roger Zoul, Jul 2, 2003
  5. Frank Malczewski

    Erik Harris Guest

    Re: How Best Buy actually didn't weasel out of my Claude Chabrol Collection online order...

    On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:19:15 -0400, "Roger Zoul" <>
    wrote:

    >Best Buy ain't so bad....for DVDs....

    Or music... as long as it was released less than a week ago. It seems that
    their prices on brand new music and movies are consistently better than
    anyplace else.

    I just bought La Femme Nikita Special Edition (despite mixed reviews of its
    visual quality) for $15 at Best Buy, when the best on-line price is
    apparently $17 after shipping (from deepdiscountdvd, which tends to take its
    time on its free shipping option).

    --
    Erik Harris n$wsr$ader@$harrishom$.com
    AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

    The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
    Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.

    Erik Harris, Jul 2, 2003
  6. Frank Malczewski

    buck16 Guest

    Re: How Best Buy actually didn't weasel out of my Claude Chabrol Collection online order...

    Anyway, yeah, mine was on backorder, too.

    buck16, Jul 3, 2003