    above mentioned SD media appear on the Sony (or comparable) monitor?
    Thanks in advance for any experiences and opinions.........

    , Mar 30, 2006

  2. Netmask Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Thinking of taking my first plunge into HDTV. I can fit a 40" in here,
    > and I've got my eye on the Sony Bravia XBR HD LCD... Primarily, my
    > interest is DVD as opposed to television. That being said - I can't
    > afford to replace 'everything' and have a good amount of LDs and hell,
    > even movies on store bought VHS that haven't seen the light of day on
    > DVD. And SD satellite tv as well... My concern - how 'bad' would the
    > above mentioned SD media appear on the Sony (or comparable) monitor?
    > Thanks in advance for any experiences and opinions.........

    Nothing to worry about - standard definition material should if any thing
    look a tad better on a HD monitor mainly because it is a better monitor made
    to conform to tighter specs. I have an old Nordemende CRT monitor that was
    designed for studio viewing of original material, not HD but certainly much
    better than the run of the mill CRT's around, with much better resolution -
    VHS and DVD look better on it than a standard monitor.

    Netmask, Mar 30, 2006