    response.

    Cheers

    Nathan Bryant
    Nathan Bryant, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Nathan Bryant

    MCP Guest

    I have used MS Press books for all my exams and I am an
    MCSA in Windows 2000 and 2003

    MCSA or MCSE and I
    >need a 70 270 (XP Professional) book to get started. I

    was planning on just
    >getting the Microsoft Press study guide, but I've never

    used a Microsoft
    >Press book and I really don't know how they are. Has

    anyone here used the
    >official Microsoft Kits or used a better study guide? I

    appreciate your

    MCP, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Nathan Bryant

    Herb Martin Guest

    Much better than most in general, occasionally weak in specific.

    Usually these are as good as anything and you will seldom
    waste your money. Typically they are not full of errors as so
    many other "series" are.

    But consider: Free and probably as good or better:
    The built-in and product specific help
    TechNet, MSDN, and other MS online resource.

    You can pay more but you cannot buy better.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Thanks Herb.
    I just got my Network+ with a Sybex book, but the book had a few errors and
    the software and tests that came with it were rediculous. I've been
    considering getting just a couple of good books to study, but it's nice to
    have test specific study material.

    Nathan

    Nathan Bryant, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Nathan Bryant

    Steve O Guest

    The MS press books have been adequate for my exams but I
    would suggest getting some practise exams other than what
    the MS press books provide.

    Steve O, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Nathan Bryant

    Herb Martin Guest

    I have zero respect for Sybex exam/subject books.

    They have a serious quality control program.

    Herb Martin, Mar 3, 2004