How 2 improve SkypeOut sound quality?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by BigBen, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. BigBen

    BigBen Guest

    Hi All,

    As far as my experiences with VoIP go, so far I've used with success
    VoipBuster (calling to a regular landline phone), and I've had mixed
    results with Skype - sometimes I can hardly tell the diference from a
    "regular" phone call, while other times the speech is cut, and both
    parties, mostly I, have to repeat the sentence.

    While using VoipBuster, I noticed the softphone gives you the chance
    to specify what kind of connection you have - broadband or dialup -
    which I a concept apparently not present in Skype ...

    I'd be willing to trade some speech quality, for speech consistency,
    to avoid cuts. Is that possible in Skype? In any other interesting
    provider that doesn't regular regular payments? (Except for VoipCheap,
    which seems to come from the same fellows as VoipBuster, that is ...)

    TIA,
    BigBen

    BigBen, Aug 4, 2005