    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Nov 26, 2003

  2. > On my system, hover text disappears automatically after about 5
    > seconds. Is it possible to extend this period and if so, how?

    You don't say what system you are running. In XP the 'tool tips' stay
    indefinitely. This feature can be switched on or off using a freeware
    program called Xteq, but the duration cannot be altered. Download Xteq from

    http://www.xteq.com/products/

    and try it with your system. Look in the 'interface' options

    HTH

    Impartial advice, Nov 26, 2003

  3. On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:31:35 -0000, "Impartial advice"
    <> wrote:

    >You don't say what system you are running. In XP the 'tool tips' stay
    >indefinitely. This feature can be switched on or off using a freeware
    >program called Xteq, but the duration cannot be altered. Download Xteq from

    I'm running Windows 2000.

    Alasdair Baxter, Nov 26, 2003
  4. In news:,
    Alasdair Baxter <> espoused the following view:
    > On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:31:35 -0000, "Impartial advice"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> You don't say what system you are running. In XP the 'tool tips' stay
    >> indefinitely. This feature can be switched on or off using a freeware
    >> program called Xteq, but the duration cannot be altered. Download
    >> Xteq from

    > I'm running Windows 2000.

    Xteq will work with that

    Impartial advice, Nov 26, 2003
  5. On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:01:10 -0000, "Impartial advice"
    <> wrote:

    >Xteq will work with that

    I went on to the Xteq site and there are many programs available to
    download. There are:

    Xteq X-Setup
    Xteq X-Setup SDK
    Xteq GetDriveType
    Xteq Explorer LaunchPad
    Xteq GetOSVersion
    Xteq URL Bandit
    Xteq PackX
    Xteq COM Register Extension
    Xteq X-Shooter
    Xteq RAM Alloc
    Xteq X-Find
    Xteq Helpy
    Xteq Helpy Source
    Xteq CSS Context Menu

    Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

    Alasdair Baxter, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Alasdair Baxter

    Boomer Guest

    Alasdair Baxter <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:01:10 -0000, "Impartial advice"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Xteq will work with that
    >> http://www.xteq.com/products/

    > I went on to the Xteq site and there are many programs available
    > to download. There are:
    >
    > Xteq X-Setup

    The ultimate tool for Black Belt system tuning
    > Xteq X-Setup SDK

    Easily create your own plug-ins and wizards for X-Setup
    > Xteq GetDriveType

    Determine the type of a drive in batch files
    > Xteq Explorer LaunchPad

    Makes using the Explorer comfortable and easy
    > Xteq GetOSVersion

    Determine the OS Version in batch files
    > Xteq URL Bandit

    Grab URLs from the clipboard fast and easily
    > Xteq PackX

    The perfect component package for VB
    > Xteq COM Register Extension

    Use REGSVR32 without a command line
    > Xteq X-Shooter

    Shoot holes in your Windows
    > Xteq RAM Alloc

    The easiest way to waste your memory
    > Xteq X-Find

    Find what you are looking for fast
    [snip]
    > Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

    Which description fits what you want the program to do?

    Boomer, Nov 26, 2003
  7. > Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

    You need Xteq setup.
    From the intro screen choose 'default ui power users'

    Choose 'Appearance' then 'interface' then 'tool tips/balloon tips' then
    'tool tips'
    Under XP all I get are on and off. See what you get

    Impartial advice, Nov 26, 2003
  8. Alasdair Baxter

    Boomer Guest

    "Impartial advice" <> wrote in

    >> Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

    > You need Xteq setup.
    > From the intro screen choose 'default ui power users'
    >
    > Choose 'Appearance' then 'interface' then 'tool tips/balloon tips'
    > then 'tool tips'
    > Under XP all I get are on and off. See what you get

    Why tell me?

    Please reply to the person who asked the question.

    Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
    Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

    Thanks.

    Boomer, Nov 26, 2003

  9. > Which one do I need to achieve what I want?

    You need Xteq setup.
    From the intro screen choose 'default ui power users'

    Impartial advice, Nov 26, 2003
  10. >
    > Why tell me?
    >
    > Please reply to the person who asked the question.
    >
    > Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
    > Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

    Don't be so patronising. I made a mistake. It happens. Get over it.

    Impartial advice, Nov 26, 2003
  11. Alasdair Baxter

    Trevor Smith Guest

    "Alasdair Baxter" <> wrote in message
    > On my system, hover text disappears automatically after about 5
    > seconds. Is it possible to extend this period and if so, how?

    Alternatively, take a speed reading course?

    Trevor Smith, Nov 26, 2003
  12. Alasdair Baxter

    trout Guest

    Impartial advice wrote:

    >> Why tell me?
    >>
    >> Please reply to the person who asked the question.
    >>
    >> Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
    >> Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

    > Don't be so patronising. I made a mistake. It happens. Get over it.

    Speaking of which; you're using a valid domain as a munge:
    Registrant:
    @TheMoment, Inc. (THEMOMENT-DOM)
    98 East Fourth Avenue
    San Mateo, CA 94401
    US

    Domain Name: THEMOMENT.COM
    --
    "Why use 'dot com' in a fake address, anyway?"

    trout, Nov 27, 2003
  13. Speaking of which; you're using a valid domain as a munge:
    > Registrant:
    > @TheMoment, Inc. (THEMOMENT-DOM)
    > 98 East Fourth Avenue
    > San Mateo, CA 94401
    > US
    >
    > Domain Name: THEMOMENT.COM

    I hope that one day you'll be tempted to contribute something interesting or
    worthwhile to this ng

    Impartial advice, Nov 27, 2003
  14. Alasdair Baxter

    trout Guest

    Impartial advice wrote:

    > Speaking of which; you're using a valid domain as a munge:
    >> Registrant:
    >> @TheMoment, Inc. (THEMOMENT-DOM)
    >> 98 East Fourth Avenue
    >> San Mateo, CA 94401
    >> US
    >>
    >> Domain Name: THEMOMENT.COM

    > I hope that one day you'll be tempted to contribute something
    > interesting or worthwhile to this ng

    The people that *own* the domain name, that are getting spammed due
    to your use of it in Usenet, would no doubt find the subject
    interesting, and a mention of it worthwhile.
    As for posting histories; I'll get back to you for a comparison when
    you have one.
    --
    "Your defensiveness is petty and foolish. Fix your mistake."

    trout, Nov 27, 2003