    up all of the time. If he clicks on something, an hour glass hovers, and
    nothing happens.

    I will be visiting him in a few days and would like some tips
    =?Utf-8?B?Zmtvc21ha29z?=, Dec 25, 2006

  2. He should use System Restore to roll back to the point where IE7 was
    installed (the installer should have set the point). He can call Microsoft
    Product Support Services if he wants to get IE7 going now. He is entitled
    to call on installation issues even if Windows came preinstalled on his
    computer.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 25, 2006

  3. He should boot with the dvd, click on Install, and then run system restore.
    That is a new recovery option with the WinRE tools you get to when booting
    from the dvd. You might want to try that yourself to see what I mean.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 27, 2006
  4. I appreciate your time and effort. Knowing my younger brother, I could almost
    bet the farm that he does not have the dvd ( Computer was his from his
    business that failed, and it was one of the few things he took with him when
    he left the building). I know he has XP Home on his wife's computer, and I
    guess the only thing to do is reformat and load her xp home on his computer.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zmtvc21ha29z?=, Dec 27, 2006
  5. That would not be permitted under the license and her XP Home may have been
    preinstalled in any case.

    Why don't you ask him what media he does have and get back to us.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 27, 2006