hotmail --- wtf ??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Donny, Mar 9, 2008.

  1. Donny

    Donny Guest

    On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 00:35:22 -0800 (PST)
    pg <> wrote:

    > What is happening to hotmail ??
    >
    > When I type "www.hotmail.com" in my browser and hit enter, I got
    > transfered to "http://login.live.com/login.srf?
    > wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=10&ct=1205051249&rver=4.5.2130.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:
    > %2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx&id=64855"
    >
    > which is a blank page. Absolutely nothing there.
    >
    > Does Microsoft use its own product?
    >
    > How can anyone log on to the hotmail account when what we got is a
    > blank page ??
    >
    > It doesn't matter which browser I use. I've tried Safari, IE6, IE7,
    > Firefox and K-Meleon. Got the exact same blank page.
    >
    > WTF ??

    Once your link was pieced together it worked for me.

    "Have an MSN Hotmail, MSN Messenger, or Passport account? It's your
    Windows Live ID."

    pg, Mar 9, 2008

  3. Donny

    VanguardLH Guest

    "pg" wrote in message
    > What is happening to hotmail ??
    >
    > When I type "www.hotmail.com" in my browser and hit enter, I got
    > transfered to "http://login.live.com/login.srf?
    > wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=10&ct=1205051249&rver=4.5.2130.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:
    > %2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx&id=64855"
    >
    > which is a blank page. Absolutely nothing there.
    >
    > Does Microsoft use its own product?
    >
    > How can anyone log on to the hotmail account when what we got is a
    > blank page ??
    >
    > It doesn't matter which browser I use. I've tried Safari, IE6, IE7,
    > Firefox and K-Meleon. Got the exact same blank page.

    MSN Hotmail is becoming Hotmail Live which is part of Microsoft's Live
    project. That is why you get redirected on the login. As to the
    blank page, try flushing your browser's temporary file cache.

    Have you tried starting from their http://www.live.com web page and
    clicking on the Hotmail link, or start from their http://mail.live.com
    page? How about trying to start from http://login.live.com and do the
    login there, then click on the Hotmail link up in the toolbar?

    If they are doing maintenance, it is possible some navigation paths
    were broke when you were trying to login and they will probably get
    fixed or changed later, but you didn't mention over how LONG you have
    been trying to login to your Hotmail account. Did you wait and try a
    day later? Or is this a knee-jerk reaction to an immediate pain?

    > WTF ??

    And this adds what additional information to your post?

    VanguardLH, Mar 9, 2008
  4. Donny wrote:

    Fix your clock.

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 9, 2008
  5. Please see this page http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm then post back to this
    thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Mar 9, 2008