    Express Email client? Currently I haven't been able to access my Mail
    using their Http interface for a few days. Also if you go to Hotmail.com,
    do you get a whole series of Security warnings?

    Pacific Dragon, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Pacific Dragon

    Mike_P Guest

    "Pacific Dragon" <> wrote in message
    news:1oyae3kq40u48$...
    > Is anyone else having any problems accessing E-mail from their Outlook
    > Express Email client? Currently I haven't been able to access my Mail
    > using their Http interface for a few days. Also if you go to Hotmail.com,
    > do you get a whole series of Security warnings?

    Yep, I've been having the same problem, only with Outlook. In the end I
    simply closed Outlook and restarted it...problem solved.!

    Mike_P

    Mike_P, Jun 3, 2005

  3. Pacific Dragon

    Daver Guest

    Yep hasn't worked for a few days now but no problem going direct to hotmail
    site.

    Daver, Jun 4, 2005
  4. Pacific Dragon

    d Guest

    In article <d7r8lo$grs$>, says...
    > Yep hasn't worked for a few days now but no problem going direct to hotmail
    > site.
    >
    > "Pacific Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > > Is anyone else having any problems accessing E-mail from their Outlook
    > > Express Email client? Currently I haven't been able to access my Mail
    > > using their Http interface for a few days. Also if you go to Hotmail.com,
    > > do you get a whole series of Security warnings?

    Hmmm, I seem to remember that they were planning on killing off POP3
    access to hotmail, I know if you setup a new account you have to pay for
    POP3 access.

    Maybe they've turned it off for non payers?

    Either that, or it's munted again.

    D.

    d, Jun 4, 2005
  5. Pacific Dragon

    Harry Guest

    d wrote:

    > In article <d7r8lo$grs$>, says...
    >> Yep hasn't worked for a few days now but no problem going direct to
    >> hotmail site.
    >>
    >> "Pacific Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> > Is anyone else having any problems accessing E-mail from their Outlook
    >> > Express Email client? Currently I haven't been able to access my Mail
    >> > using their Http interface for a few days. Also if you go to
    >> > Hotmail.com, do you get a whole series of Security warnings?

    > Hmmm, I seem to remember that they were planning on killing off POP3
    > access to hotmail, I know if you setup a new account you have to pay for
    > POP3 access.
    >
    > Maybe they've turned it off for non payers?
    >
    > Either that, or it's munted again.

    Outlook does not use POP3 to access hotmail.
    It uses a bastardised HTTP protocol (aka MS kludge) to access
    hotmail. And it always has AFIK.

    But, yes, now you cannot even do that unless you pay.

    But if you kept your old hotmail account then you can still access it
    it via Outlook (and via programs like hotwayd which turn HTTP yukkiness
    into POP3). Using hotwayd and fetchmail you can have mail delivered
    to your usual email client without the (s)wanky web interface.

    Harry, Jun 4, 2005
  6. Pacific Dragon

    Les Rivett Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 17:19:06 +1200, "d" wrote in message-id
    <>:

    >In article <d7r8lo$grs$>, says...
    >> Yep hasn't worked for a few days now but no problem going direct to hotmail
    >> site.
    >>
    >> "Pacific Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> > Is anyone else having any problems accessing E-mail from their Outlook
    >> > Express Email client? Currently I haven't been able to access my Mail
    >> > using their Http interface for a few days. Also if you go to Hotmail.com,
    >> > do you get a whole series of Security warnings?

    >Hmmm, I seem to remember that they were planning on killing off POP3
    >access to hotmail, I know if you setup a new account you have to pay for
    >POP3 access.
    >
    >Maybe they've turned it off for non payers?

    I always access Hotmail using Eudora with FreePOPs.
    For about a week I was unable to access Hotmail until FreePOPs released
    a new Version.

    "Version 0.0.28
    A bunch of fixes
    Fixed bug for quoted printable encoding in the mimer module and
    pipe_uri_* in the browser module. Some fixes (including some debconf
    internationalizations) to the debian package. Fixed aol, mail, hotmail,
    yahoo, supereva plugins." http://www.freepops.org/en/
    --

    -.'.- Les

    Les Rivett, Jun 4, 2005
  7. Pacific Dragon

    Mark C Guest

    Pacific Dragon <> wrote in

    > Is anyone else having any problems accessing E-mail from their
    > Outlook Express Email client? Currently I haven't been able to
    > access my Mail using their Http interface for a few days. Also
    > if you go to Hotmail.com, do you get a whole series of Security
    > warnings?

    hotmail via OE didn't work for a few days, but came right after I
    visited the hotmail.com. I didn't get any security warnings.

    Mark

    Mark C, Jun 5, 2005