    semi IT literate but the more detail the better.

    Thanks in advance for any ideas.

    Hugh

    The Invisible Man, Oct 1, 2005

  2. The Invisible Man

    gwtc Guest

    The Invisible Man wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have used Firefox for a while and recently started using Thunderbird
    > but so far have found no way of accessing my 2 hotmail addresses.
    >
    > I know that new hotmail addresses cannnot be accessed via pop3 but I can
    > access my 2 using Outlook Express.
    >
    > I have tried freepops and it appears to send my logon and password
    > through but get denied access.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas on how to access Hotmail from Thunderbird. I am
    > semi IT literate but the more detail the better.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    >
    > Hugh

    already answered here:

    gwtc, Oct 1, 2005

  3. The Invisible Man

    Ian Anderson Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:02:20 -0700, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >The Invisible Man wrote:
    >
    >> I have used Firefox for a while and recently started using Thunderbird
    >> but so far have found no way of accessing my 2 hotmail addresses.
    >>
    >> I know that new hotmail addresses cannnot be accessed via pop3 but I can
    >> access my 2 using Outlook Express.
    >>
    >> I have tried freepops and it appears to send my logon and password
    >> through but get denied access.
    >>
    >> Anyone got any ideas on how to access Hotmail from Thunderbird. I am
    >> semi IT literate but the more detail the better.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    >>

    >already answered here:

    Your search - news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$
    - did not match any documents.
    --

    Ian

    Ian Anderson, Oct 2, 2005
  4. Ian Anderson uitte de volgende tekst op 2/10/2005 4:48:
    > On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:02:20 -0700, gwtc
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>The Invisible Man wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have used Firefox for a while and recently started using Thunderbird
    >>>but so far have found no way of accessing my 2 hotmail addresses.
    >>>
    >>>I know that new hotmail addresses cannnot be accessed via pop3 but I can
    >>>access my 2 using Outlook Express.
    >>>
    >>>I have tried freepops and it appears to send my logon and password
    >>>through but get denied access.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone got any ideas on how to access Hotmail from Thunderbird. I am
    >>>semi IT literate but the more detail the better.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    >>>

    >>already answered here:

    > Your search - news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$
    > - did not match any documents.

    It does here.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 2, 2005
  5. The Invisible Man

    gwtc Guest

    try installing the message ID finder: http://messageidfinder.mozdev.org/

    gwtc, Oct 3, 2005
  6. Re: Hotmail via Thunderbird ?? - THANK YOU

    Thanks to all who replied to my post.

    I have finally given up trying to view my little used Hotmail account in
    TB and have set up a Yahoo email address to supply to entities I do
    not trust to keep my main address private. Yahoo are happy to give pop3
    access in exchange for me getting a weekly email from them.

    Hugh

    The Invisible Man, Oct 3, 2005
  7. The Invisible Man

    Ian Anderson Guest

    On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 16:17:26 -0700, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >Ian Anderson wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 14:02:20 -0700, gwtc
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>already answered here:

    >> Your search - news://news.mozilla.org:119/dhmt68$
    >> - did not match any documents.

    >try installing the message ID finder: http://messageidfinder.mozdev.org/

    Thanks for your help. That fixed it.
    --