    there a way to skip checking hotmail, on a occasion when I am only
    interested in my regular email account? Or at least to force it to check
    my local email account first, and hotmail second? thanks

    lbbs, Jan 30, 2004

  2. lbbs

    trout Guest

    lbbs wrote:

    > I setup my Outlook Express to receive my hotmail. When I press
    > send/receive, it takes a couple of minutes to check (even if there no
    > incoming emails). After checking once, the second time it is
    > faster.
    > My regular email account only takes a few seconds to check for new
    > messages. Why would that be? I tried achieving half of my emails
    > out of the inbox, but that did not help. Also, tired removing the
    > hot mail account and starting it up from scratch. Any solution for
    > this problem? If not, is there a way to skip checking hotmail, on a
    > occasion when I am only interested in my regular email account? Or
    > at least to force it to check my local email account first, and
    > hotmail second? thanks

    Beside the Send/Rec button on your taskbar; do you not have an
    'arrow' for the 'drop-down' list to check each account individually?
    --
    "Otherwise, it just checks all accounts in order listed."

    trout, Jan 30, 2004

  3. lbbs

    lbbs Guest

    How do you change the order list, for which email accounts it checks first?

    lbbs, Jan 30, 2004
  4. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office
    family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
    of
    these newsgroups:
    microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgr...blic.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
    for OE 5.5x
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgr...ublic.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
    for OE 6.x
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgr...;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
    for the Macintosh version of OE
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgr...ess.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

    for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
    references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
    post but it works for some people)

    Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
    the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
    without reading.

    After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, lbbs asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Jan 30, 2004
  5. lbbs

    trout Guest

    lbbs wrote:

    > How do you change the order list, for which email accounts it checks
    > first?

    It's alphabetical. So, just go to Tools; Accounts; Mail tab, and
    rename the accounts. Just sticking a letter in front of the name will
    do.

    trout, Jan 30, 2004