    the computer is running xp and has the service update installed.

    any help would be much appreciated,

    thanks

    Robin Goodfellow, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Robin Goodfellow

    Miggsee Guest

    Did your parents block it?

    "Robin Goodfellow" <> wrote in message
    news:uLCYa.734$...
    > hey,
    >
    > i am wondering if someone can help me. for some reason my sister can

    access
    > her hotmail account on every computer she is on except the one we have in
    > our house, it will let her log on but will not allow her to view the

    emails,

    Miggsee, Aug 8, 2003

  3. no my parents didnt block it.

    this seems to be a reccuring theme with a lot of people i have spoken to.
    when searching with google i have found a number of forums with people
    posting identical problems but i have yet to find an answer to the problem.
    i was just hoping that someone would know the answer here.

    Robin Goodfellow, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Robin Goodfellow

    Miggsee Guest

    (Please highlight the message you are replying to, and then hit reply
    group).

    There is some software stopping it...that's a given. (It's not a pop-up, is
    it?)

    Ask your parents to check their Security Levels in Internet Explorer.

    Since you are using Outlook Express for news, try adding her Hotmail account
    to Outlook Express.

    Miggsee, Aug 8, 2003
  5. my parents have nothing to do with it!!!

    I seems that there is a a known problem with IE 6 when dealing with secure
    connections, I think have found the answer to the problem by adding the URL
    to the allowed sites. I will get her to check this tomorrow.

    Robin Goodfellow, Aug 8, 2003