    Richard Guest

    Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the hotmail
    site is blocked by the works server?
    Richard, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Richard

    SwissTony Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the hotmail
    > site is blocked by the works server?

    You can set one up in outlook express.
    See if you can get in that way.
    tools-accounts-mail tab - add>mail
    Type your name, click next
    type hotmail addy click next
    set "my incoming mail server is" to http.
    set "my http mail provider is " to hotmail, click next
    put in your hotmail email address as the username and enter ur password,
    click next
    click finish
    SwissTony, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Richard

    geopelia Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Richard wrote:
    >
    > > Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the

    hotmail
    > > site is blocked by the works server?
    > >

    > If your employer has blocked access to hotmail kindly go back to sleep.

    I couldn't get Hotmail a while ago, so I looked for it on Google and was
    able to get in from there. Don't ask me how though, I don't know much about
    computers.
    geopelia, Aug 23, 2004
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "SwissTony" <> wrote in message

    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the

    hotmail
    > > site is blocked by the works server?
    > >

    > You can set one up in outlook express.
    > See if you can get in that way.
    > tools-accounts-mail tab - add>mail
    > Type your name, click next
    > type hotmail addy click next
    > set "my incoming mail server is" to http.
    > set "my http mail provider is " to hotmail, click next
    > put in your hotmail email address as the username and enter ur password,
    > click next
    > click finish

    Nope server spots it
    Richard, Aug 23, 2004

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Aug 23, 2004
  6. Richard

    geopelia Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > > Richard wrote:
    > >
    > > > Is there an online page that will pick up email from hotmail, the

    > hotmail
    > > > site is blocked by the works server?
    > > >

    > > If your employer has blocked access to hotmail kindly go back to sleep.

    > I couldn't get Hotmail a while ago, so I looked for it on Google and was
    > able to get in from there. Don't ask me how though, I don't know much

    about
    > computers.

    I think I've found it! Search for Hotmail on Google, it's the second entry,
    the one about msn. Or try www.msn.com
    and click hotmail in the list on the left of the page. It worked just now
    for me, I couldn't get hotmail by clicking it on the desktop.
    This happens a lot, getting the message about the page not found.
    Also I use Yahoo, but it takes ages to get anything, getting Yahoo, getting
    the Inbox, getting the message, getting the reply box etc - everything there
    is very slow.

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Aug 23, 2004
  7. Richard

    Jamco Guest

    i think yahoo being slow is related to your computer, not to yahoo

    Jamco, Aug 23, 2004
  8. Richard

    geopelia Guest

    "Jamco" <> wrote in message
    > i think yahoo being slow is related to your computer, not to yahoo

    Could be, Yahoo is not my home page.
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Aug 24, 2004
  9. Richard

    geopelia Guest

    Re: Hotmail pickup and Yahoo

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Jamco" <> wrote in message
    > > i think yahoo being slow is related to your computer, not to yahoo

    > Could be, Yahoo is not my home page.
    > Geopelia

    I have two Yahoo Mail Icons on my desktop. One is a red Y on a yellow square
    with something behind it, and a small white square on the lower left with a
    cross in it.
    The other is an e like the internet sign, on a page with the corner turned
    down. (Don't laugh, I expect you all know what those icons are).

    If I open the first, it is very slow, but the e one is faster.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Aug 24, 2004