    questions in a different group please?
    Thanks to all those who are so helpful to beginners.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Feb 17, 2004

  2. geopelia

    TehGhodTrole Guest

    geopelia wrote:

    > Should I be asking what you think

    BZZZT! Assumes the posters in 24hs have something other than solid rock to
    actually think with.

    --
    TehGhodTrole: Trolling, for God's sake.
    Your Free Insult: Jesus loves you.

    TehGhodTrole, Feb 17, 2004

  3. geopelia

    trout Guest

    geopelia wrote:

    > Are you getting that "The page cannot be displayed" message when
    > trying to get your Hotmail Inbox? I've just got this for the last
    > four days. The Hotmail people are looking into it.
    >
    > I found I could get the page at
    > http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?id=2 Hope this helps anyone
    > with the same problem.

    I haven't experienced that problem. The fact that you can log in
    using a Passport site suggests that you may have a problem with security
    settings or cookies that relate directly to Hotmail. You could
    investigate that if you continue to have problems.

    > (I was surprised when looking for Hotmail+Inbox on Google, to find the
    > Inboxes with messages for Mr Bush and Bill Gates! I suppose it is just
    > someone having a joke, though.)
    >
    > Some people here are being sarcastic because I don't know very much
    > yet about the technical side of computers. Much of what they tell me
    > to do, I just don't understand. Should I be asking what you think are
    > simple questions in a different group please?
    > Thanks to all those who are so helpful to beginners.
    >
    > Geopelia

    I don't know if there are specific groups that would suit you
    better. You could always check Google Groups or your own newsgroups list
    to see if there may be places where you could get information that you
    need.
    But I've yet to see one that has a better resource of a broad range
    of general information, and the specifics of many issues. Part of the
    reason for this is the large and diverse readership of this newsgroup;
    which of course can also be a draw-back for a group this size.
    You are not dealing with an entity. No one speaks for the newsgroup,
    or is in charge of it. It is simply composed of many individuals; that
    likely just happened upon it one day in a newsgroup list, maybe like you
    did.
    Some have been 'here' for years, and some for any other length of
    time. There are no qualifications to post; no membership.
    It's a large, public place; and you'll meet every type of person
    that you would in such a large sample in the 'real' world, from saints
    to total assholes. Some people have a genuine desire to help, some may
    be temperamental, but still helpful; some will just be jerks, and some
    have no use for Usenet other than as a forum for acting-out public
    vandalism.
    It's up to you to decide how to use the resource. It can be a good
    one if you ask the right questions, and learn to filter out the
    background noise.
    My advice is just not bother arguing with people. If you don't
    understand the advice that's given to you, just go ahead and ask for
    further explanation. Often, the people anxious to demonstrate their
    ascerbic 'wit' will be the first to answer. But there will probably be,
    at least, dozens of others reading that would be happy to help, if they
    can. Reacting to dumb people can only get you more of the same.
    --
    "Relax. It's only Usenet."

    trout, Feb 17, 2004
  4. geopelia

    sinisa

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    hotmail inbox can not be displayed

    Just go to the options in your browser, delete livemail certificate, save it and restart browser.

    sinisa, Feb 15, 2012
  5. geopelia

    sinisa

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    delete livemail certificate.

    sinisa, Feb 15, 2012
  6. geopelia

    shchitrali

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    hotmail signing problem

    I got this problem second time now... when i sign in i get a message that.. u havent signed in from this location. so u need to verify your account. i get a code on alternate email id. but when i enter the code no effect......the fact is i am using hotmail from this location for long time... Now i am unable to access my account for 24 hours now......... missing one interview call as well.................. Hotmail now getting unreliable............

    shchitrali, Jul 17, 2012