  1. cat_dog_ass

    cat_dog_ass Guest

    Is it possible to load my Hotmail emails to the Thunderbird client?
    cat_dog_ass, Mar 1, 2005

  2. cat_dog_ass wrote:
    > Is it possible to load my Hotmail emails to the Thunderbird client?

    Not directly. Hotmail is proprietary and will only work in OE.

    However there is an open source project that will set up a proxy, and
    allow Hotmail, Yahoo mail, Netscape webmail, and many other to be set up
    as pop accounts in standard mail clients, such as Thunderbird:

    www.freepops.org

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 1, 2005

  3. cat_dog_ass

    ..brian.. Guest

    cat_dog_ass wrote:
    > Is it possible to load my Hotmail emails to the Thunderbird client?

    Yes, but you need to use a third-party program to translate the traffic
    for you. I would suggest using FreePOPs [http://www.freepops.org].
    FreePOPs works with AOL, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, and other popular
    webmail sites "right out of the box", and there are plenty of other
    "modules" available for other sites. You can have Windows run the
    program at startup, or even have it running as a service.

    Let me know if you decide you want to use FreePOPs and need help
    setting up your accounts to use it.
    --
    Brian
    ..brian.., Mar 1, 2005
  4. cat_dog_ass

    ..brian.. Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > cat_dog_ass wrote:
    > > Is it possible to load my Hotmail emails to the Thunderbird client?
    > >

    > Not directly. Hotmail is proprietary and will only work in OE.
    >
    > However there is an open source project that will set up a proxy, and

    > allow Hotmail, Yahoo mail, Netscape webmail, and many other to be set

    up
    > as pop accounts in standard mail clients, such as Thunderbird:
    >
    > www.freepops.org
    >
    > Lee

    Damn you! This delay on Google Groups sucks! <g>.
    ..brian.., Mar 1, 2005
  5. ...brian.. wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >>cat_dog_ass wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is it possible to load my Hotmail emails to the Thunderbird client?
    >>>

    >>Not directly. Hotmail is proprietary and will only work in OE.
    >>
    >>However there is an open source project that will set up a proxy, and

    >>allow Hotmail, Yahoo mail, Netscape webmail, and many other to be set

    > up
    >
    >>as pop accounts in standard mail clients, such as Thunderbird:
    >>
    >>www.freepops.org
    >>
    >>Lee

    > Damn you! This delay on Google Groups sucks! <g>.

    Thunderbird Rules!

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 1, 2005
  6. cat_dog_ass

    ..brian.. Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > ..brian.. wrote:

    client?

    > >>Not directly. Hotmail is proprietary and will only work in OE.
    > >>
    > >>However there is an open source project that will set up a proxy,

    and

    > >>allow Hotmail, Yahoo mail, Netscape webmail, and many other to be

    set

    > > up
    > >
    > >>as pop accounts in standard mail clients, such as Thunderbird:
    > >>
    > >>www.freepops.org
    > >>
    > >>Lee

    > > Damn you! This delay on Google Groups sucks! <g>.
    > >

    > Thunderbird Rules!
    >
    > Lee

    Actually, having newserver access would rule ;-) I'm traveling and not
    using my ISP, so have no "free" access.
    ..brian.., Mar 1, 2005