    I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as this
    leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
    any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

    DRM, Aug 21, 2003

  2. DRM

    Philip SC Guest

    > I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as this
    > leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
    > any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

    The easiest thing to do is to type in a completely false email address in
    your newsgroup settings for Outlook Express.

    Philip SC, Aug 21, 2003

  3. DRM

    Eddie Grant Guest

    "DRM" <> wrote in message
    > I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as this
    > leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
    > any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

    *bangs head against wall*

    Eddie Grant, Aug 21, 2003
  4. DRM

    trout Guest

    DRM wrote:

    > I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as
    > this leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
    > any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

    There are many options. You can disguise, (or munge) a real address,
    if you *want* people to be able to figure it out and mail you directly.
    (Why, I don't know. Some people do.)
    You can make up a totally false address.
    Or, you can certainly use your Hotmail address. If you *do* want to read
    people that might mail you from the newsgroup, you may want to tell them
    a key word to put in the subject line, and filter everything else. Sure,
    it'll attract a ton of spam; but it *is* Hotmail, after all.
    --
    "Not much point in holding an umbrella over the ocean."

    trout, Aug 21, 2003
  5. DRM

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:16:31 +0100, "DRM" <> wrote:

    >I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as this
    >leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
    >any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

    You should only post with a hotmail address if it is your address.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Aug 22, 2003
  6. DRM

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:24:34 +0000 (UTC), "Philip SC" <> wrote:

    >> I am aware of not posting your private email address in newsgroups as this
    >> leads to spam , can you therefore post with a hotmail address.
    >> any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

    >The easiest thing to do is to type in a completely false email address in
    >your newsgroup settings for Outlook Express.

    That is a very dangerous thing to do. Get rid of outlook completely.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Aug 22, 2003