    is there a way of exporting all hotmail contacts to my personal address
    book in windows or something so i can use the contacts in mozilla
    thunderbird? cheers
    Malvin, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Malvin

    °Mike° Guest

    Open your address book and click:
    Tools / Synchronize Now.
    Choose your Hotmail account and your contacts
    will be synchronised with your address book.

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:03:29 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cpklhg$299$>
    Malvin scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Malvin

    Malvin Guest

    hmm thx for the tip but the synchronize now button is greyed out....

    Malvin, Dec 13, 2004
  4. Malvin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Do you have your Hotmail account set up in OE? I don't think you can sync if
    it's not there.

    Toolman Tim, Dec 14, 2004
  5. Malvin

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, as Tim said, you have to have a Hotmail account
    set up in Outlook Express.

    OLEXP How to Configure Outlook Express to Use Hotmail ...

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:13:36 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cpl46g$nu8$>
    Malvin scrawled:

    >hmm thx for the tip but the synchronize now button is greyed out....
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Open your address book and click:
    >> Tools / Synchronize Now.
    >> Choose your Hotmail account and your contacts
    >> will be synchronised with your address book.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2004
  6. Malvin

    Malvin Guest

    Hotmail no longer allow you to create and download to OE.

    Malvin, Dec 14, 2004
  7. Malvin

    °Mike° Guest

    That's rubbish. I have several Hotmail accounts in OE.

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:36:45 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cpmq9c$7n0$>
    Malvin scrawled:

    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2004
  8. Malvin

    Gordon Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > That's rubbish. I have several Hotmail accounts in OE.

    For the moment. Existing Hotmail accounts can still be accessed in OE, but I
    think you'll find that even they are going to be phased out in a few months
    or so. New ones certainly cannot be accessed via OE or Outlook unless you
    pay for a premium account

    Take a look here:

    Gordon, Dec 14, 2004
  9. Malvin

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:31:29 -0000, in
    <>
    Gordon scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> That's rubbish. I have several Hotmail accounts in OE.
    >>

    >For the moment. Existing Hotmail accounts can still be accessed in OE, but I
    >think you'll find that even they are going to be phased out in a few months
    >or so. New ones certainly cannot be accessed via OE or Outlook unless you
    >pay for a premium account
    >
    >Take a look here:
    >
    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3697286.stm

    Ok, thanks for that. I stand corrected.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2004
  10. Malvin

    Gordon Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:31:29 -0000, in
    > <>
    > Gordon scrawled:
    >
    >> °Mike° wrote:
    >>> That's rubbish. I have several Hotmail accounts in OE.
    >>>

    >> For the moment. Existing Hotmail accounts can still be accessed in
    >> OE, but I think you'll find that even they are going to be phased
    >> out in a few months or so. New ones certainly cannot be accessed via
    >> OE or Outlook unless you pay for a premium account
    >>
    >> Take a look here:

    > Ok, thanks for that. I stand corrected.

    That's ok! It's not common knowledge........
    Gordon, Dec 14, 2004
  11. Malvin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    True. So you may just be buggered then. I spent an hour and a half the other
    day typing my Mom's email address list into her new email client.
    Bummer...but that just may be your only answer. Then again, it won't sync in
    the future either - you'll have to make changes to both address books.

    "Malvin" <> wrote in message
    | Hotmail no longer allow you to create and download to OE.
    |
    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | > Do you have your Hotmail account set up in OE? I don't think you can
    sync
    | > if
    | > it's not there.
    | >
    | > "Malvin" <> wrote in message
    | > | hmm thx for the tip but the synchronize now button is greyed out....
    | > |

    Toolman Tim, Dec 15, 2004
  12. Malvin

    Malvin Guest