    Is it just impossible to use hotmail with Thunderbird? Have tried for 3
    days now and can get into hotmail, but not open messages or send.

    If I fire up *choke* IE6 theres no problem.

    LadySpudz, Apr 20, 2004

  2. LadySpudz

    Paul Guest

    LadySpudz schreef:
    > Is it just impossible to use hotmail with Thunderbird? Have tried for 3
    > days now and can get into hotmail, but not open messages or send.
    >
    > If I fire up *choke* IE6 theres no problem.

    Try this : Hotpop:

    http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/

    greetings,

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Paul wrote:

    > LadySpudz schreef:
    >
    >> Is it just impossible to use hotmail with Thunderbird? Have tried for
    >> 3 days now and can get into hotmail, but not open messages or send.
    >>
    >> If I fire up *choke* IE6 theres no problem.

    > Try this : Hotpop:
    >
    > http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/
    >

    > greetings,
    >
    > Paul

    The problem is that Homail is MS proprietary, and designed to be
    available only in OE. Something like Hotmail Popper is required to read
    this mail in another client.

    Note that Hotmail Popper is no longer a free utility. MrPostman is a
    free utility that does much the same thing. I don't use it myself, so I
    can't say for sure how well it works.

    http://mrpostman.sourceforge.net/

    Free version of Hotmail Popper is still available form this archive site:

    http://web.archive.org/web/20030604052738/boolean.ca/hotpop/

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 20, 2004
  4. LadySpudz

    LadySpudz Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Paul wrote:
    >
    >> LadySpudz schreef:
    >>
    >>> Is it just impossible to use hotmail with Thunderbird? Have tried
    >>> for 3 days now and can get into hotmail, but not open messages or send.
    >>>
    >>> If I fire up *choke* IE6 theres no problem.

    >> Try this : Hotpop:
    >>
    >> http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/
    >>

    >> greetings,
    >>
    >> Paul

    > The problem is that Homail is MS proprietary, and designed to be
    > available only in OE. Something like Hotmail Popper is required to read
    > this mail in another client.
    >
    > Note that Hotmail Popper is no longer a free utility. MrPostman is a
    > free utility that does much the same thing. I don't use it myself, so I
    > can't say for sure how well it works.
    >
    > http://mrpostman.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > Free version of Hotmail Popper is still available form this archive site:
    >
    > http://web.archive.org/web/20030604052738/boolean.ca/hotpop/
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks!

    LadySpudz, Apr 23, 2004