    option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I have visited
    SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic signing in.
    Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.
    baglady, Aug 9, 2003

  2. baglady

    Brian H¹© Guest

    baglady said:

    > Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing in with
    > *my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows anyone to
    > look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended. I also have the
    > option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I have visited
    > SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic signing in.
    > Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

    Sign out, delete your passport cookie, and then when you sign in again, don't
    choose the option to "Remember my name and password on this computer".
    Brian H¹©, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Here is my reply to baglady's post at 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Saturday 09
    August 2003 10:20 am:
    Remove the icon

    --
    Runar Furenes
    Norway
    Runar Furenes, Aug 9, 2003
  4. baglady

    baglady Guest

    "Runar Furenes" <> wrote in message
    > Here is my reply to baglady's post at 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Saturday

    09
    > August 2003 10:20 am:
    > Remove the icon
    > > Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing in
    > > with *my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows
    > > anyone to look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended. I

    also
    > > have the option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I have

    visited
    > > SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic signing

    in.
    > > Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

    > --
    > Runar Furenes
    > Norway

    I am sorry but it doesn't work. Where in Norway are you if you don't mind me
    asking?
    baglady, Aug 9, 2003
  5. baglady

    baglady Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > baglady said:
    >
    > > Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing in

    with
    > > *my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows anyone

    > > look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended. I also have

    the
    > > option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I have visited
    > > SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic signing

    in.
    > > Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

    > Sign out, delete your passport cookie, and then when you sign in again,

    don't
    > choose the option to "Remember my name and password on this computer".

    Sorry to be dim but how do I delete the passport cookie??
    baglady, Aug 9, 2003
  6. baglady

    trout Guest

    baglady wrote:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> baglady said:
    >>
    >>> Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing
    >>> in with
    >>> *my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows
    >>> anyone to look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended.
    >>> I also have the option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I
    >>> have visited
    >>> SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic
    >>> signing in. Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

    >> Sign out, delete your passport cookie, and then when you sign in
    >> again, don't choose the option to "Remember my name and password on
    >> this computer".
    >>

    > Sorry to be dim but how do I delete the passport cookie??

    Look in the "Cookies" folder in Windows. Find the one with the right
    name.
    --
    "Delete it."
    trout, Aug 9, 2003
  7. baglady

    baglady Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > baglady wrote:
    >
    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    > >> Sign out, delete your passport cookie, and then when you sign in
    > >> again, don't choose the option to "Remember my name and password on
    > >> this computer".
    > >>

    > > Sorry to be dim but how do I delete the passport cookie??

    > Look in the "Cookies" folder in Windows. Find the one with the right
    > name.
    > --
    > "Delete it."

    Umm.... I don't have any cookies in this folder. What should I do now?

    baglady, Aug 9, 2003
  8. baglady

    gangle Guest

    "baglady" wrote

    > "Runar Furenes" wrote in message
    > > Here is my reply to baglady's post at 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Saturday

    > 09
    > > August 2003 10:20 am:
    > > Remove the icon
    > > > Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the option of signing in
    > > > with *my hotmail address* when clicking on the MSN icon? This allows
    > > > anyone to look at my account if my desktop page is left unattended. I

    > also
    > > > have the option to `sign in' which is all I need and want. I have

    > visited
    > > > SN -tools-options-and unticked the boxes requiring automatic signing

    > in.
    > > > Hope someone can help me. Many Thanks.

    > > --
    > > Runar Furenes
    > > Norway

    > I am sorry but it doesn't work. Where in Norway are you if you don't mind me
    > asking?

    I flew over Norway last week in my bathrobe. I fear now that I may
    have accidentally farted on Runar.
    gangle, Aug 9, 2003
  9. baglady

    baglady Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > baglady wrote:
    >
    > > "trout" <> wrote in message

    > >> Look in the "Cookies" folder in Windows. Find the one with the
    > >> right name.
    > >> --
    > >> "Delete it."

    > > Umm.... I don't have any cookies in this folder. What should I do now?

    > Okay, try this: Go to Internet Options - Content Tab - Auto Complete
    > and clear the Passwords and Forms.
    > --
    > "That do it?"

    Wicked..It's still there but greyed out. You're a very handy person to know.
    Thanks.

    baglady, Aug 9, 2003
  10. baglady

    baglady Guest

    "baglady" <> wrote in message

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    > > baglady wrote:
    > >
    > > > "trout" <> wrote in message

    > > > Umm.... I don't have any cookies in this folder. What should I do now?

    > > Okay, try this: Go to Internet Options - Content Tab - Auto Complete
    > > and clear the Passwords and Forms.
    > > --
    > > "That do it?"

    > Wicked..It's still there but greyed out. You're a very handy person to

    know.
    > Thanks.

    I've turned the comp. back on and it's still there. What else can I try
    Trout? Thanks.

    baglady, Aug 9, 2003
  11. baglady

    Brian H¹© Guest

    baglady said:

    > "baglady" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "trout" <> wrote in message

    >>> Okay, try this: Go to Internet Options - Content Tab - Auto Complete
    >>> and clear the Passwords and Forms.
    >>> --
    >>> "That do it?"

    >> Wicked..It's still there but greyed out. You're a very handy person to know.
    >> Thanks.
    >>>

    > I've turned the comp. back on and it's still there. What else can I try
    > Trout? Thanks.

    Go to MSN Home page and sign out.
    Start MSN Messenger and sign out.
    Go to C:\Windows\Cookies and delete the cookies with @passport @msn @microsoft
    and @hotmail.msn
    although, I believe you said there were no cookies in the cookie folder, so see
    if they still exist in the Temporary Internet Files folder.
    If you don't mind losing other cookies too, you could try Control Panel |
    Internet Options | General | Delete Cookies
    Brian H¹©, Aug 9, 2003
  12. "gangle" <> wrote:

    >"baglady" wrote
    >>
    >> "Runar Furenes" wrote in message
    >> > Here is my reply to baglady's post at 24hoursupport.helpdesk on Saturday

    >> 09
    >> > August 2003 10:20 am:
    >> > Remove the icon

    >> also

    >> visited

    >> in.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Runar Furenes
    >> > Norway

    >> I am sorry but it doesn't work. Where in Norway are you if you don't mind me
    >> asking?

    >I flew over Norway last week in my bathrobe. I fear now that I may
    >have accidentally farted on Runar.

    Would that be Runar the Ullulator (of the Aalesund Runars)? Horned
    helmet, colossal mallet, unfeasibly-red beard, and his teeth filed
    down to points? Met him at a muskox-breeding seminar in Telford a few
    years back - lovely wife.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 10, 2003
  13. baglady

    anthonyberet Guest

    baglady wrote:
    > "baglady" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "trout" <> wrote in message

    >>> Okay, try this: Go to Internet Options - Content Tab - Auto
    >>> Complete and clear the Passwords and Forms.
    >>> --
    >>> "That do it?"

    >> Wicked..It's still there but greyed out. You're a very handy person
    >> to know. Thanks.
    >>>

    > I've turned the comp. back on and it's still there. What else can I
    > try Trout? Thanks.

    If you have msn messenger 6 (and possibly earlier versions) just go to
    tools>options>privacy (like, within msn messenger!) and tick the tickbox
    saying "always ask for my hotmail password when checking hotmail or other
    ..net passport-enabled webpages".
    bounce.
    anthonyberet
    anthonyberet, Aug 11, 2003
  14. baglady

    gangle Guest

    "Monsignor Larville Jones MD" wrote in message
    > "gangle" <> wrote:

    > >> 09
    > >> also
    > >> visited
    > >> in.

    > >> I am sorry but it doesn't work. Where in Norway are you if you don't mind me
    > >> asking?

    > >I flew over Norway last week in my bathrobe. I fear now that I may
    > >have accidentally farted on Runar.

    > Would that be Runar the Ullulator (of the Aalesund Runars)? Horned
    > helmet, colossal mallet, unfeasibly-red beard, and his teeth filed
    > down to points? Met him at a muskox-breeding seminar in Telford a few
    > years back - lovely wife.

    Only Runar can answer this.
    gangle, Aug 11, 2003