    Hi - any reason why I can't download Hotmail attachments with Mozilla?
    Works OK with IE.
    Thanks
    Lambo, Oct 17, 2005

  2. Lambo wrote:
    > Hi - any reason why I can't download Hotmail attachments with Mozilla?
    > Works OK with IE.
    > Thanks

    I think we need more information. Do you have your Hotmail account set
    up in Thunderbird, using some sort of proxy program like Freepops, and
    can't get attachments to work in it?

    Or are you trying to set up your Hotmail account?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 17, 2005

  3. Lambo

    Lambo Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Lambo wrote:
    >
    >> Hi - any reason why I can't download Hotmail attachments with Mozilla?
    >> Works OK with IE.
    >> Thanks

    > I think we need more information. Do you have your Hotmail account set
    > up in Thunderbird, using some sort of proxy program like Freepops, and
    > can't get attachments to work in it?
    >
    > Or are you trying to set up your Hotmail account?
    >
    > Lee

    Hi - no it's an old hotmail account (three+ years) but I'm using Moz
    suite 1.7.8. I've contacted Hotmail, but as attachments work OK on IE,
    they don't seem interested in my problem - just tell me it's my set-up
    on Moz that's at fault. What settings are involved they haven't got an
    answer for. No proxy program used.
    Cheers
    Lambo, Oct 18, 2005
  4. Lambo wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Lambo wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi - any reason why I can't download Hotmail attachments with
    >>> Mozilla? Works OK with IE.
    >>> Thanks

    >> I think we need more information. Do you have your Hotmail account
    >> set up in Thunderbird, using some sort of proxy program like Freepops,
    >> and can't get attachments to work in it?
    >>
    >> Or are you trying to set up your Hotmail account?
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Hi - no it's an old hotmail account (three+ years) but I'm using Moz
    > suite 1.7.8. I've contacted Hotmail, but as attachments work OK on IE,
    > they don't seem interested in my problem - just tell me it's my set-up
    > on Moz that's at fault. What settings are involved they haven't got an
    > answer for. No proxy program used.
    > Cheers

    Okay, I'm confused now. While I don't use Hotmail, I had understood
    that Mozilla could not interact with a Hotmail account, except via a
    proxy like HotPoppers or Freepops.

    Perhaps I should step aside and let someone who actually uses Hotmail
    jump in.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 18, 2005
  5. Lambo

    gwtc Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Lambo wrote:

    >>> I think we need more information. Do you have your Hotmail account
    >>> set up in Thunderbird, using some sort of proxy program like
    >>> Freepops, and can't get attachments to work in it?
    >>>
    >>> Or are you trying to set up your Hotmail account?
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Hi - no it's an old hotmail account (three+ years) but I'm using Moz
    >> suite 1.7.8. I've contacted Hotmail, but as attachments work OK on IE,
    >> they don't seem interested in my problem - just tell me it's my set-up
    >> on Moz that's at fault. What settings are involved they haven't got an
    >> answer for. No proxy program used.
    >> Cheers

    > Okay, I'm confused now. While I don't use Hotmail, I had understood
    > that Mozilla could not interact with a Hotmail account, except via a
    > proxy like HotPoppers or Freepops.
    >
    > Perhaps I should step aside and let someone who actually uses Hotmail
    > jump in.
    >
    > Lee

    Mozilla can interact with a Hotmail account, via the web interface. I
    do and I have no problems. And I've downloaded attachments with no
    problems. After all, if I get an email with an attachment, I wait 7
    days, then send it to my Hotmail account and get the attachment there.

    Furthermore, I have also used a program like Freepops to download my
    messages with attachments all with no problems whatsoever.

    So, back to the OP, we need more information. You still haven't given
    enough information on what you're trying to do. Are you trying to
    access Hotmail using Mozilla Mail or are you trying to access Hotmail
    via the website using the Mozilla Browser?
    gwtc, Oct 18, 2005
  6. gwtc wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Lambo wrote:

    >>> Hi - no it's an old hotmail account (three+ years) but I'm using Moz
    >>> suite 1.7.8. I've contacted Hotmail, but as attachments work OK on
    >>> IE, they don't seem interested in my problem - just tell me it's my
    >>> set-up on Moz that's at fault. What settings are involved they
    >>> haven't got an answer for. No proxy program used.
    >>> Cheers

    >> Okay, I'm confused now. While I don't use Hotmail, I had understood
    >> that Mozilla could not interact with a Hotmail account, except via a
    >> proxy like HotPoppers or Freepops.
    >>
    >> Perhaps I should step aside and let someone who actually uses Hotmail
    >> jump in.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Mozilla can interact with a Hotmail account, via the web interface. I
    > do and I have no problems. And I've downloaded attachments with no
    > problems. After all, if I get an email with an attachment, I wait 7
    > days, then send it to my Hotmail account and get the attachment there.
    >
    > Furthermore, I have also used a program like Freepops to download my
    > messages with attachments all with no problems whatsoever.
    >
    > So, back to the OP, we need more information. You still haven't given
    > enough information on what you're trying to do. Are you trying to
    > access Hotmail using Mozilla Mail or are you trying to access Hotmail
    > via the website using the Mozilla Browser?

    Duh!! Of course, I was just assuming the OP wanted to use Hotmail in
    Mail/News. He did say works OK on IE, but the eye sees what it expects,
    and I read it as OE.

    Well, since I don't have a Hotmail account, I can't go further with
    this, take it away.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 18, 2005
  7. Lambo

    gwtc Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:

    >>> Okay, I'm confused now. While I don't use Hotmail, I had understood
    >>> that Mozilla could not interact with a Hotmail account, except via a
    >>> proxy like HotPoppers or Freepops.
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps I should step aside and let someone who actually uses Hotmail
    >>> jump in.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Mozilla can interact with a Hotmail account, via the web interface. I
    >> do and I have no problems. And I've downloaded attachments with no
    >> problems. After all, if I get an email with an attachment, I wait 7
    >> days, then send it to my Hotmail account and get the attachment there.
    >>
    >> Furthermore, I have also used a program like Freepops to download my
    >> messages with attachments all with no problems whatsoever.
    >>
    >> So, back to the OP, we need more information. You still haven't given
    >> enough information on what you're trying to do. Are you trying to
    >> access Hotmail using Mozilla Mail or are you trying to access Hotmail
    >> via the website using the Mozilla Browser?

    > Duh!! Of course, I was just assuming the OP wanted to use Hotmail in
    > Mail/News. He did say works OK on IE, but the eye sees what it expects,
    > and I read it as OE.

    we're all getting that way. I think it has something to do with old age.

    > Well, since I don't have a Hotmail account, I can't go further with
    > this, take it away.
    >
    > Lee

    Well, I'd take it away, but I don't know what the OP is missing.
    Whats missing in Moz that's not in IE. I still need more info from
    him/her/it.
    gwtc, Oct 18, 2005
  8. Lambo

    Lambo Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> Mozilla can interact with a Hotmail account, via the web interface.
    >>> I do and I have no problems. And I've downloaded attachments with no
    >>> problems. After all, if I get an email with an attachment, I wait 7
    >>> days, then send it to my Hotmail account and get the attachment there.
    >>>
    >>> Furthermore, I have also used a program like Freepops to download my
    >>> messages with attachments all with no problems whatsoever.
    >>>
    >>> So, back to the OP, we need more information. You still haven't
    >>> given enough information on what you're trying to do. Are you trying
    >>> to access Hotmail using Mozilla Mail or are you trying to access
    >>> Hotmail via the website using the Mozilla Browser?

    >> Duh!! Of course, I was just assuming the OP wanted to use Hotmail in
    >> Mail/News. He did say works OK on IE, but the eye sees what it
    >> expects, and I read it as OE.
    >>

    > we're all getting that way. I think it has something to do with old age.
    >
    >> Well, since I don't have a Hotmail account, I can't go further with
    >> this, take it away.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Well, I'd take it away, but I don't know what the OP is missing. Whats
    > missing in Moz that's not in IE. I still need more info from him/her/it.

    Hi - it's a "him" - I access Hotmail via the Moz browser, which works
    fine until I try to download attachments (JPG, Zip, etc. files) All I
    get is a small file that appears to be a copy of the Hotmail download
    link. I can download ok in Int. Explorer though, so it must be a Moz
    setting.
    Pete
    Lambo, Oct 19, 2005
  9. Lambo

    gwtc Guest

    Lambo wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:

    >>> Duh!! Of course, I was just assuming the OP wanted to use Hotmail in
    >>> Mail/News. He did say works OK on IE, but the eye sees what it
    >>> expects, and I read it as OE.
    >>>

    >> we're all getting that way. I think it has something to do with old age.
    >>
    >>> Well, since I don't have a Hotmail account, I can't go further with
    >>> this, take it away.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> Well, I'd take it away, but I don't know what the OP is missing. Whats
    >> missing in Moz that's not in IE. I still need more info from him/her/it.

    > Hi - it's a "him" - I access Hotmail via the Moz browser, which works
    > fine until I try to download attachments (JPG, Zip, etc. files) All I
    > get is a small file that appears to be a copy of the Hotmail download
    > link. I can download ok in Int. Explorer though, so it must be a Moz
    > setting.
    > Pete

    I've just sent myself a sample test message with a zipped attachment.
    When I'm looking at the message, here's what I see. From with my
    name on it. Then I see the Sent, which has the date and time on it.
    Then I see my hotmail address under TO. Then under that I see the
    Subject of the message. Then under that I see all on one line, a
    paper clip, the word Attachment, then name of my attachment like
    123.zip, and in brackets, how big it is.

    Do you see anything like that?

    If I click on the 123.zip, I am taken to another page, which has a
    line that says that Hotmail has scanned the attachment. However,
    above that I see the words Download File and Cancel. If I click on
    the Download File, I get a pop-up asking me what I would like to do
    with the file -- Open it with the default application, Open it with
    {and I pick the program], or Save it to disk. If I click Cancel, then
    I'm taken back to my message.

    So, from what I have described what do you or don't you see?
    gwtc, Oct 19, 2005
  10. Lambo

    Lambo Guest

    > I've just sent myself a sample test message with a zipped attachment.
    > When I'm looking at the message, here's what I see. From with my
    > name on it. Then I see the Sent, which has the date and time on it.
    > Then I see my hotmail address under TO. Then under that I see the
    > Subject of the message. Then under that I see all on one line, a
    > paper clip, the word Attachment, then name of my attachment like
    > 123.zip, and in brackets, how big it is.
    >
    > Do you see anything like that?
    >
    > If I click on the 123.zip, I am taken to another page, which has a
    > line that says that Hotmail has scanned the attachment. However,
    > above that I see the words Download File and Cancel. If I click on
    > the Download File, I get a pop-up asking me what I would like to do
    > with the file -- Open it with the default application, Open it with
    > {and I pick the program], or Save it to disk. If I click Cancel, then
    > I'm taken back to my message.
    >
    > So, from what I have described what do you or don't you see?

    OK - I've sent myself a couple of messages with attachments, and - of
    course - everything works fine! So I don't know what's happened. I'll wait
    until another message + attachments come in and see if it works. Thanks for
    help.
    Lambo, Oct 19, 2005
  11. Lambo

    gwtc Guest

    Lambo wrote:

    >>I've just sent myself a sample test message with a zipped attachment.
    >> When I'm looking at the message, here's what I see. From with my
    >>name on it. Then I see the Sent, which has the date and time on it.
    >>Then I see my hotmail address under TO. Then under that I see the
    >>Subject of the message. Then under that I see all on one line, a
    >>paper clip, the word Attachment, then name of my attachment like
    >>123.zip, and in brackets, how big it is.
    >>
    >>Do you see anything like that?
    >>
    >>If I click on the 123.zip, I am taken to another page, which has a
    >>line that says that Hotmail has scanned the attachment. However,
    >>above that I see the words Download File and Cancel. If I click on
    >>the Download File, I get a pop-up asking me what I would like to do
    >>with the file -- Open it with the default application, Open it with
    >>{and I pick the program], or Save it to disk. If I click Cancel, then
    >>I'm taken back to my message.
    >>
    >>So, from what I have described what do you or don't you see?

    > OK - I've sent myself a couple of messages with attachments, and - of
    > course - everything works fine! So I don't know what's happened. I'll wait
    > until another message + attachments come in and see if it works. Thanks for
    > help.

    If everything is working when you send test messages, then the problem
    might be coming from the sender and how they're sending messages with
    attachments. I would bet you that they're using Outlook or Outlook
    Express, and I have seen some strange problems with them.

    That is why I use Moz Mail and FreePops to download my hotmail
    messages. I've stopped loggin into my hotmail accounts with the
    browser. Its become a pain when I don't have to. www.FreePops.org
    gwtc, Oct 19, 2005
  12. Lambo

    Lambo Guest

    gwtc wrote:

    > If everything is working when you send test messages, then the problem
    > might be coming from the sender and how they're sending messages with
    > attachments. I would bet you that they're using Outlook or Outlook
    > Express, and I have seen some strange problems with them.
    >
    > That is why I use Moz Mail and FreePops to download my hotmail messages.
    > I've stopped loggin into my hotmail accounts with the browser. Its
    > become a pain when I don't have to. www.FreePops.org

    OK thanks - I'll try that method.
    Lambo, Oct 20, 2005
  13. Lambo

    Nobody Guest

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:53:12 +0100, Lambo
    <petelamb62-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote:

    >Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Lambo wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi - any reason why I can't download Hotmail attachments with Mozilla?
    >>> Works OK with IE.
    >>> Thanks

    >> I think we need more information. Do you have your Hotmail account set
    >> up in Thunderbird, using some sort of proxy program like Freepops, and
    >> can't get attachments to work in it?
    >>
    >> Or are you trying to set up your Hotmail account?
    >>
    >> Lee

    >Hi - no it's an old hotmail account (three+ years) but I'm using Moz
    >suite 1.7.8. I've contacted Hotmail, but as attachments work OK on IE,
    >they don't seem interested in my problem - just tell me it's my set-up
    >on Moz that's at fault. What settings are involved they haven't got an
    >answer for. No proxy program used.
    >Cheers

    Works fine here with Moz Suite 1.7.8. Sent myself a msg with a .jpg
    file and it worked perfectly, even opened the pic inline.
    Nobody, Oct 21, 2005