    seem to support it.
    Probably doing something wrong so a bit of help would be nice

    Thanx
    LL, Nov 27, 2005

  2. LL

    Ally Guest

    hotmail account?
    I don't think they offer pop access unless its (maybe) a premium
    service.
    if that is the case, all the details would have been provided when you
    signed up.
    Ally, Nov 27, 2005

  3. LL

    lee jolly Guest

    Hotmail no longer support POP services its only for premium users you are
    correct ally

    Lee

    lee jolly, Nov 27, 2005
  4. LL

    Guest Guest

    "LL" <> wrote in message
    >i wanted to put a hotmail account in my outlook express 6 but it doesn't
    > seem to support it.
    > Probably doing something wrong so a bit of help would be nice

    If you want HTTPmail access to your Hotmail account (which is only supported
    in Microsoft's e-mail clients), you'll have to pay for their premium service
    to get that access. Otherwise, the freebie accounts require you use the
    webmail interface.

    It's free to use using their webmail interface. It is not free to access
    using an local e-mail client.
    Guest, Nov 27, 2005
  5. LL

    James Guest

    <Vanguard> wrote in message news:D...
    > "LL" <> wrote in message
    >>i wanted to put a hotmail account in my outlook express 6 but it doesn't
    >> seem to support it.
    >> Probably doing something wrong so a bit of help would be nice

    > If you want HTTPmail access to your Hotmail account (which is only
    > supported in Microsoft's e-mail clients), you'll have to pay for their
    > premium service to get that access. Otherwise, the freebie accounts
    > require you use the webmail interface.
    >
    > It's free to use using their webmail interface. It is not free to access
    > using an local e-mail client.

    (unless it's an old account)
    James, Nov 27, 2005
  6. LL

    Guest Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message

    > <Vanguard> wrote in message news:D...
    >> "LL" <> wrote in message
    >>>i wanted to put a hotmail account in my outlook express 6 but it doesn't
    >>> seem to support it.
    >>> Probably doing something wrong so a bit of help would be nice

    >> If you want HTTPmail access to your Hotmail account (which is only
    >> supported in Microsoft's e-mail clients), you'll have to pay for their
    >> premium service to get that access. Otherwise, the freebie accounts
    >> require you use the webmail interface.
    >>
    >> It's free to use using their webmail interface. It is not free to access
    >> using an local e-mail client.

    > (unless it's an old account)

    Since it sounded like a new problem (i.e., adding a new account to OE), I
    didn't bother getting into discussing the grandfathered accounts. The OP
    didn't provide info regarding how old is their account (i.e., did it exist
    before 29-Nov-2004). "Doesn't support it" gives no details on how the OP
    discerned that effect. There was probably an error message but it was never
    provided.
    Guest, Nov 27, 2005