    Is there anyway I can start up or shut down the pc with the touch of a
    certian key on keyboard. ????

    shaz x x x

    Shaz x x x, Dec 16, 2005

  2. Shaz x x x

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    Shaz x x x wrote:
    > Is there anyway I can start up or shut down the pc with the touch of a
    > certian key on keyboard. ????
    >

    > shaz x x x

    Buy a BENQ keyboard,it has a shutdown key. -)-)-)
    Also hibernate/wakeup,but have not used those yet.

    Sjouke Burry, Dec 16, 2005

  3. "Shaz x x x" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anyway I can start up or shut down the pc with the touch of
    > a certian key on keyboard. ????
    >

    > shaz x x x

    You can add a shortcut to your desktop for a quick shutdown. For
    XP...

    Right-click on the desktop, select New > Shortcut from menu. Browse to
    C:\Windows\ System32\Shutdown.exe, click Next, give the shortcut a
    name and click Finish. Next right-click the new shortcut, select
    Properties and in the Target box, add the command line:
    C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s

    If you want to modify the shutdown time delay to 3 seconds, then
    add the ‘-t xx’ switch, thus:

    C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 03

    And watch out for those spaces before the hyphens and between the t
    and the numbers.

    Boscoe Pertwee, Dec 16, 2005