    Continuing to work with anything visible (i.e. not minimised) is also possible.

    Anyone know why? A bug in XP, or something else i'm running upsetting things?
    It's happening to me on two different computers.

    Craig Shore, May 9, 2004

  2. Craig Shore wrote:
    > Anyone know why? A bug in XP, or something else i'm running upsetting things?
    > It's happening to me on two different computers.

    it is explorer hanging... how to fix it? no idea.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 9, 2004

  3. Craig Shore

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in

    > Craig Shore wrote:
    >> Anyone know why? A bug in XP, or something else i'm running
    >> upsetting things? It's happening to me on two different computers.

    > it is explorer hanging... how to fix it? no idea.

    Run Explorer in a separate process.
    Disable Spy bot search and destroy beta buggy teatimer.
    Teatimer caused a similar problem on one of my boxes. Another box was
    fine with teatimer.

    For explorer in a separate process, see this KB:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;156366

    You can probably do it by going My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, View,
    and checking the box for "Launch folder windows in a separate process"
    While you are in there, Uncheck the horrible option "Hide Extentions for
    known file types"
    This is how most people get infected by viruses, the OS hides the .scr or
    ..exe etc by DEFAULT!
    Look in you event logs for any errors, maybe it is failing and
    recovering?
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 10, 2004