    disconnected the firewall and I still can not connect. I feel that there is
    some other setting I am over looking.
    Thanks for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Hi
    If your Laptop Wireless setting are Secured and filtered at home, and are
    not configured to obtain IP and DNS Auto, it would not work with Open Hot
    Spots.
    On the other hand, Not all Hotel's Hot spot are free, and Unsecured.
    Ask at the front desk, might be that special parameters are needed for
    configuring the Wireless.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 3, 2006

  3. Thanks for the advise Jack, where is the control panel would I find if the IP
    and DNS are secured?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=, Nov 4, 2006