    Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
    Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
    output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

    zxcvar, Aug 8, 2003

  2. (zxcvar) writes:

    > Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
    > Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
    > output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

    It obviously depends on the hotel. The Best Western we stayed in upstate New
    York had video jacks on the front of the TV, and I've been in a few hotels
    where the connection to the TV appeared to be permanent.

    I believe in terms of the RCA jacks that the D510V cable goes to, you can get
    converters at many places like Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. to go from RCA jacks
    to the older connection (I'm blanking on the connection type, but it is round
    with a single wire) or for that matter to go to S-video.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Aug 8, 2003

  3. "zxcvar" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
    > Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
    > output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

    For what rooms are going for you're better off buying a new set for the
    house.
    Mark_

    mark_digital©, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Hi Zxcvar,

    The only item you may require is a scart adapter to plug the av lead into
    the tv, even for your current tv's.

    As mentioned by others though, not all hotels may provide access to the
    scart sockets onn the back of them.

    However, most hotels ususally have a communial tv set up somewhere in the
    hotel with a vcr which you may be able to use, just enquire at reception.

    Cheers,
    Stephen

    Stephen Leslie, Aug 8, 2003
  5. zxcvar

    Ron Hunter Guest

    zxcvar wrote:

    > Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
    > Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
    > output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

    Some do, but most only have a coaxial input for the RF signal. You can
    buy an adapter that will allow you to connect to them, BUT, many hotels
    have the jack ground hooked to a security system to warn them if it is
    disconnected from the TV to prevent theft of the TV.
    Check before disconnecting.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 8, 2003
  6. (zxcvar) writes:

    > Greetings! I have a Olympus D510, which has a video cable to connect
    > Camera with TV. None of three home TVs [all are old]has any video
    > output jack. Does the hotel TVs have video jacks? With thanks.

    If you have a VCR, just plug the camera into the "video in" jack of the
    VCR and use the RF modulator of the VCR to view your photos. As long as
    the VCR is turned on and set to receive signal from "Line In", it will
    output the signal on the coax connection to your TV.

    You can also use the VCR to video tape a slide show for display on a TV.

    --
    http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

    Larry Caldwell, Aug 8, 2003