    This seems to be a real problem -- think before you drink out of that glass
    the next time. :)

    <http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22250/39039-hidden-truth-hotel-drinking-glasses>
    Mr. Arnold, Dec 12, 2007

  2. Mr. Arnold

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:17:55 -0500, "Mr. Arnold" <MR.
    > wrote:

    >This seems to be a real problem -- think before you drink out of that glass
    >the next time. :)
    >
    ><http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22250/39039-hidden-truth-hotel-drinking-glasses>

    Holy crap. I just drank from a hotel glass.

    Call Dr. House.. right fuckin now.
    Evan Platt, Dec 12, 2007

  3. Mr. Arnold

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That's it I'm buying a motor home.

    pcbutts1, Dec 12, 2007
  4. Mr. Arnold

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:55:04 -0800, "pcbutts1"
    <> wrote:

    >That's it I'm buying a motor home.

    Hell, I'd prefer them over some of the glasses I've used at truck
    stops.
    richard, Dec 12, 2007
  5. Mr. Arnold

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Mr. Arnold" wrote in message
    > This seems to be a real problem -- think before you drink out of
    > that glass the next time. :)
    >
    > <http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22250/39039-hidden-truth-hotel-drinking-glasses>

    Look at the persons doing the housecleaning duties (i.e., race). You
    expected different from minimum wage employees (who probably work for
    a cleaning company rather than the hotel)? That's probably how
    they've been told to clean the glasses. You ever see them hauling
    dishes down the hallway to cleanup in their kitchen's dishwasher,
    especially at hotels that don't even have a kitchen? Even if you stay
    at a suite that has a dishwasher, how long do you think they are there
    to do the cleaning? Not long enough for a dishwasher cycle (and why I
    put my dishes in the dishwasher and start it before I leave). Other
    than suites with dishwashers, I actually EXPECT that wrapped
    disposable cups be provided rather than glasses. Before I use the
    glasses, plates, or flatware, it goes into the dishwasher for a
    hot-water cycle.

    They make it sound like a secret practice that only happens when you
    are out of the room. They do the same stuff while you are still in
    the room and they do the cleanup. Whether glasses, plates, coffee
    cups, flatware, or any other non-disposable eatware, have you EVER
    seen them take the stuff away to be sanitized? Well, yes, I have but
    not anywhere often enough to even consider it normal practice.
    VanguardLH, Dec 12, 2007
  6. Mr. Arnold

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:30:52 -0600, "VanguardLH"
    <> wrote:

    >"Mr. Arnold" wrote in message
    >> This seems to be a real problem -- think before you drink out of
    >> that glass the next time. :)
    >>
    >> <http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22250/39039-hidden-truth-hotel-drinking-glasses>

    >Look at the persons doing the housecleaning duties (i.e., race). You
    >expected different from minimum wage employees (who probably work for
    >a cleaning company rather than the hotel)? That's probably how
    >they've been told to clean the glasses. You ever see them hauling
    >dishes down the hallway to cleanup in their kitchen's dishwasher,
    >especially at hotels that don't even have a kitchen? Even if you stay
    >at a suite that has a dishwasher, how long do you think they are there
    >to do the cleaning? Not long enough for a dishwasher cycle (and why I
    >put my dishes in the dishwasher and start it before I leave). Other
    >than suites with dishwashers, I actually EXPECT that wrapped
    >disposable cups be provided rather than glasses. Before I use the
    >glasses, plates, or flatware, it goes into the dishwasher for a
    >hot-water cycle.
    >
    >They make it sound like a secret practice that only happens when you
    >are out of the room. They do the same stuff while you are still in
    >the room and they do the cleanup. Whether glasses, plates, coffee
    >cups, flatware, or any other non-disposable eatware, have you EVER
    >seen them take the stuff away to be sanitized? Well, yes, I have but
    >not anywhere often enough to even consider it normal practice.

    You get that kind of treatment with a dishwasher in a room? Hell, I
    ain't never seen one yet. But then, I don't spend to many nights in
    $100 plus rooms either.
    richard, Dec 12, 2007
  7. Mr. Arnold

    VanguardLH Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:30:52 -0600, "VanguardLH"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Mr. Arnold" wrote in message
    >>> This seems to be a real problem -- think before you drink out of
    >>> that glass the next time. :)
    >>>
    >>> <http://www.divinecaroline.com/article/22250/39039-hidden-truth-hotel-drinking-glasses>

    >>Look at the persons doing the housecleaning duties (i.e., race).
    >>You
    >>expected different from minimum wage employees (who probably work
    >>for
    >>a cleaning company rather than the hotel)? That's probably how
    >>they've been told to clean the glasses. You ever see them hauling
    >>dishes down the hallway to cleanup in their kitchen's dishwasher,
    >>especially at hotels that don't even have a kitchen? Even if you
    >>stay
    >>at a suite that has a dishwasher, how long do you think they are
    >>there
    >>to do the cleaning? Not long enough for a dishwasher cycle (and why
    >>put my dishes in the dishwasher and start it before I leave). Other
    >>than suites with dishwashers, I actually EXPECT that wrapped
    >>disposable cups be provided rather than glasses. Before I use the
    >>glasses, plates, or flatware, it goes into the dishwasher for a
    >>hot-water cycle.
    >>
    >>They make it sound like a secret practice that only happens when you
    >>are out of the room. They do the same stuff while you are still in
    >>the room and they do the cleanup. Whether glasses, plates, coffee
    >>cups, flatware, or any other non-disposable eatware, have you EVER
    >>seen them take the stuff away to be sanitized? Well, yes, I have
    >>but
    >>not anywhere often enough to even consider it normal practice.

    > You get that kind of treatment with a dishwasher in a room? Hell, I
    > ain't never seen one yet. But then, I don't spend to many nights in
    > $100 plus rooms either.

    If I vacation, I'm in a suite with a kitchen (oven, stove, dishwasher,
    fridge, microwave, etc.), dining/living room, big TV & DVD player,
    bedroom, full bath (with laundry), etc. I don't go cheap on the room
    when I vacation. That's where I "live" while I play. If it's a
    stopover in a hotel, I'm not doing any eating in the room and it's
    bottled water (distilled, not spring water) for brushing teeth which I
    pickup on arrival since I expect the water in hotels everywhere to
    taste bad, plus I've yet to see any of those type of hotels use
    glasses versus wrapped plastic cups (and even the coffee "cups" are a
    wrapped thin-styrofoam cup). They don't want their crew wasting time
    cleaning up glasses.

    Just think about all the places where you stay that have carpeting -
    along with all that toe-jam, buggers, and who knows what else embedded
    in it. You think they steamclean the carpet after each occupant
    leaves? You think vacuuming gets rid of that bio-residue? I prefer
    suites with tiled floors since they use ammonia and/or disinfectant.
    For places that have carpeting, I always bring walking socks.
    VanguardLH, Dec 12, 2007
  8. Mr. Arnold

    lurk Guest

    I always drink 151 vodka in those glasses anyway ...that will kill just
    about anything.....

    lurk, Dec 12, 2007