'hot folders' to automatically convert?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wm, Aug 16, 2004.

  1. Wm

    Wm Guest

    I'm looking for a solution to speed up our workflow. We currently shoot with
    Canon D10 DSLRs, but I'm considering switching to the D2H with its wireless
    capability. The current problem is not so much with the download speed, as
    it should only take a couple of min to download 50 RAW images to the
    workstation. The problem comes with the conversion time. We have to do the
    download and then run a converter (we are currently playing with PhaseOne C1
    software, which takes 10 min). I know that this is not long, but we are
    going to have people waiting to view images and my bosses have set their
    goal for a 10-minute turnaround. What I would like is to convert us from the
    Canon system to a Nikon D2H so that we could be downloading while we shoot.
    This doesn't solve the problem of the conversion time though -- UNLESS I can
    find a way for the RAW images to be converted as they are downloaded. Is
    there a way of doing this?

    Thanks,

    Wm

    (CC to news AT Second Glance DOT net greatly appreciated!)

    Wm, Aug 16, 2004