    stop people from browsing certain web sites, (obviously it probably can do
    more than that). Just wondering really, would be very useful.

    TIA
    Forexample, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Forexample

    Declan Swan Guest

    "Forexample" <> wrote in message
    news:bq58q3$cbu$...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I've heard a bit about a hosts file, now is this a file that you can use

    > stop people from browsing certain web sites, (obviously it probably can do
    > more than that). Just wondering really, would be very useful.
    >
    > TIA

    Add a line in the hosts file such as:

    127.0.0.1<TAB>domain.com

    eg

    127.0.0.1 www.naffsite.com

    This way, the pages at www.naffsite.com will not display.

    To find the file, just search for a file called 'hosts' using the
    start->search in windows.

    Kazaa Lite sets up 'Supertrick' which adds loads to the hosts file to block
    adverts.

    --
    Declan Swan
    Declan Swan, Nov 27, 2003

  3. "Declan Swan" <> wrote in message
    > "Forexample" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello all,
    > >
    > > I've heard a bit about a hosts file, now is this a file that you can use

    > > stop people from browsing certain web sites, (obviously it probably can

    do
    > > more than that). Just wondering really, would be very useful.
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >

    > Add a line in the hosts file such as:
    >
    > 127.0.0.1<TAB>domain.com
    >
    > eg
    >
    > 127.0.0.1 www.naffsite.com
    >
    > This way, the pages at www.naffsite.com will not display.
    >
    > To find the file, just search for a file called 'hosts' using the
    > start->search in windows.
    >
    > Kazaa Lite sets up 'Supertrick' which adds loads to the hosts file to

    block
    > adverts.
    >
    > --
    > Declan Swan

    Also you can put in the correct ip for a website and the site should load up
    quicker.

    Gaz
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Nov 27, 2003
  4. Forexample

    Forexample Guest

    Thx for the info Declan, much appreciated.

    Cheers

    Forexample, Nov 27, 2003
  5. Forexample

    °Mike° Guest