Hosting company won't reply to my tech support emails

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anna, Sep 9, 2006.

  1. anna

    anna Guest

    Hosting company won't reply to my tech support emails
    FTP access won't work anymore so I wrote to them MANY TIMES over 2
    weeks but the hosting company does not reply. I do get the automated

    My questions are

    1. I want to move the site to another hosting company...without the FTP
    feature working, is it possible to move the site to another hosting
    company ?
    It is a database driven site...PhP, MySQl...LAMP
    Not being technical I do not have recent backups.

    2. What are my rights with respect to this hosting company...is there a
    Trade Association ( Like Contractor's board) that I can complain to and
    get the info I need for my site.

    I have paid all my dues in advance.

    Pls help.

    Thanks in advance,
    Anna

    anna, Sep 9, 2006

  2. anna

    Duane Arnold Guest

    anna wrote:
    > Hosting company won't reply to my tech support emails
    > FTP access won't work anymore so I wrote to them MANY TIMES over 2
    > weeks but the hosting company does not reply. I do get the automated
    >
    > My questions are
    >
    > 1. I want to move the site to another hosting company...without the FTP
    > feature working, is it possible to move the site to another hosting
    > company ?
    > It is a database driven site...PhP, MySQl...LAMP
    > Not being technical I do not have recent backups.
    >
    > 2. What are my rights with respect to this hosting company...is there a
    > Trade Association ( Like Contractor's board) that I can complain to and
    > get the info I need for my site.
    >
    > I have paid all my dues in advance.
    >
    > Pls help.

    I would suspect that the hosting company has a phone number that you
    should call instead of sending emails that are not getting any response.

    That's kind of like common sense. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 9, 2006

  3. anna

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, anna Wrote The Following:
    > Hosting company won't reply to my tech support emails
    > FTP access won't work anymore so I wrote to them MANY TIMES over 2
    > weeks but the hosting company does not reply. I do get the automated
    >
    > My questions are
    >
    > 1. I want to move the site to another hosting company...without the FTP
    > feature working, is it possible to move the site to another hosting
    > company ?
    > It is a database driven site...PhP, MySQl...LAMP
    > Not being technical I do not have recent backups.
    >
    > 2. What are my rights with respect to this hosting company...is there a
    > Trade Association ( Like Contractor's board) that I can complain to and
    > get the info I need for my site.
    >
    > I have paid all my dues in advance.
    >
    > Pls help.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Anna

    Fantastic technical support, reasonable prices. http://doteasy.com
    In Canada. Part of TuCows. Been with them for a good number of
    years, and never had a problem.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Sep 9, 2006
  4. anna

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, anna Wrote The Following:
    > Hosting company won't reply to my tech support emails
    > FTP access won't work anymore so I wrote to them MANY TIMES over 2
    > weeks but the hosting company does not reply. I do get the automated
    >
    > My questions are
    >
    > 1. I want to move the site to another hosting company...without the FTP
    > feature working, is it possible to move the site to another hosting
    > company ?
    > It is a database driven site...PhP, MySQl...LAMP
    > Not being technical I do not have recent backups.
    >
    > 2. What are my rights with respect to this hosting company...is there a
    > Trade Association ( Like Contractor's board) that I can complain to and
    > get the info I need for my site.
    >
    > I have paid all my dues in advance.
    >
    > Pls help.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Anna

    PS: All you have to do is give them your domain name and they will
    do the rest. Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Sep 9, 2006
  5. anna

    doS Guest

    did you get two cows?

    doS, Sep 9, 2006
  6. anna

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, doS Wrote The Following:
    > did you get two cows?
    >
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> Without Any Hesitation, anna Wrote The Following:
    >>> Hosting company won't reply to my tech support emails
    >>> *****************************************************************
    >>> FTP access won't work anymore so I wrote to them MANY TIMES over 2
    >>> weeks but the hosting company does not reply. I do get the automated
    >>>
    >>> My questions are
    >>>
    >>> 1. I want to move the site to another hosting company...without the FTP
    >>> feature working, is it possible to move the site to another hosting
    >>> company ?
    >>> It is a database driven site...PhP, MySQl...LAMP
    >>> Not being technical I do not have recent backups.
    >>>
    >>> 2. What are my rights with respect to this hosting company...is there a
    >>> Trade Association ( Like Contractor's board) that I can complain to and
    >>> get the info I need for my site.
    >>>
    >>> I have paid all my dues in advance.
    >>>
    >>> Pls help.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance,
    >>> Anna
    >>>

    >> PS: All you have to do is give them your domain name and they will do the
    >> rest. Good Luck
    >>
    >> --
    >> Old Gringo
    >> Just West Of Nowhere