    to end!

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    alexd, Jun 1, 2008

  2. alexd

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:4842c816$0$664$,
    alexd <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
    : Anyone else noticed this today? Several callers have reported this to
    : me, and I have confirmed it by calling from my mobile. Only the
    : caller can hear it. It sounds like a badly detuned AM radio, not the
    : sort of thing one would associate with a phone call that is
    : supposedly digital from end to end!

    Ok here on all my lines (3 x UK, 1 x German). Tried from Sipgate to
    Sipgate, PSTN to Sipgate and mobile as well, all sound fine.

    Try my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320) or if you want email me
    your number (replace invalid with com in sending address) and I'll call
    you for some tests.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 1, 2008

  3. alexd

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 16:39:28 UTC, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    > Try my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320) or if you want email me
    > your number (replace invalid with com in sending address) and I'll call
    > you for some tests.

    Well I would like to, but am confused as to which Sipbroker number to
    use - There appear to be several sipgate.* entries.

    SIP-Code SIP Proxy Provider name
    *211 sipgate.co.uk Sipgate.co.uk United Kingdom [Home] [Rates]
    *257 sipgate.at sipgate.at Austria [Home] [Rates]
    *777 sipgate.de sipgate.de Germany, Federal Republic of [Home]
    [Rates]
    *7629 sipgate.ru sipgate.ru
    *8485 sipgate.net sipgate.net
    *8949 sipgate.com sipgate.com

    (sipgate.net is the only one that appear to work according to them.)

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jun 2, 2008
  4. alexd

    alexd Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 16:02:30 +0000, alexd wrote:

    > Anyone else noticed this today?

    Eventually tracked it down to a dodgy curly cable on the handset.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    16:29:35 up 5 days, 5:37, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00
    alexd, Jun 13, 2008